You can type here any text you want

What brand 6x9's should I get for my Malibu?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVAIR

I am ready to install my stereo and I am not going crazy with it. But I do want a set of quality speakers to replace the junk stockers. I am utilizing the stock grilles on the top, so the speakers must mount from the bottom with the stock metal bracket. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks guys. You're the best!

Originally posted by GNVAIR
I am ready to install my stereo and I am not going crazy with it. But I do want a set of quality speakers to replace the junk stockers. I am utilizing the stock grilles on the top, so the speakers must mount from the bottom with the stock metal bracket. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks guys. You're the best!

There are numerous brands out there and what you choose is up to you. I personally would go to any car stereo shop and demo the different brands. Here is a link to the different brands and prices from entry level to some of the better name brands. The "best" 6 X 9s that I have ever listen to was the Earthquake line but the retail on them was $180.00!

6 X 9 brands

i had a set of sony X-plod's and they sounded real nice. they had a lot more bass than i would expect out of a 6X9. i had a 45watt head unit on them and they sounded really good. i also have a set of Polk ex's and they are a much more precise sound.. they have a very noticably crisper sound than the x-plod's did. i like the polk's, but they dont have crap for bass but they make up for it with the SUPERIOR sound.. they would work exellent with subwoofers. also.. infinity kappa's are SWEEEEEET. you'll have to dish a little more cash for those though. hope i've helped a bit. good luck

dude, I have a set of Pioneer TS-A6995 6x9s that I'll sell ya. I paid $140 for them...used them for 2 mo. and then decided to go with something less powerful so I can amp them. The specs on these are the following:

300w, 4 way, polypropelene cone/rubber surround, real clear sound and comes in the box with grilles and all. $85 shipped to your door. Let me know!

Back