You can type here any text you want

what cam should i run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bdasv6

Looking for somthing that will be good at the track and ok for some street driving so nothing all out race using s2heads for combo thoughts anyone

Call Comp Cams and ask to speak to Tim Cole.

I've got a 222/218 hydraulic roller with a 112 lobe separation. Drives extremely well on the street, runs unbelievably clean smog-wise. I could have gone with more duration, because I've got plenty of low-end with a T76 and an Art Carr 9-inch 3400 stall converter.

I have a 242/242 dur @ .050 and drive mostly on the street. The general feedback that I get is that I may benefit from a little less duration on the exhaust side but it has worked well so far.

Allan G.

Looking for somthing that will be good at the track and ok for some street driving so nothing all out race using s2heads for combo thoughts anyone
For a car that will be trapping around 150mph in the quarter with stage 2 heads id use a split duration cam with mid 230's duration on the intake. A little less on the ex. It would depend on how much backpresure you will have too. With a lot of backpressure id be closing the ex valve sooner. Less than 150mph i would consider not using s2 heads.

thanks for replys

Would like to get in the150 range and still do street driving

Back