What chip is this? should I replace?

chitownz87gn

Well I have been trying to chase down what is wrong with my car as I've done tune up/new Maf and translator trying to figure out why my car dies out if you barely touch the gas and runs like a champ at halft throttle and has no power at full throttle. So I decided to see if this is a good chip and if any of you know if its a Turbo tweak chip. Should I leave this chip in or should I order a turbo tweak chip to work with the translator better?

Can't tell by that sticker, is there a label on the top? The date implies its old school and you can't go wrong with a TT chip.

Instead of getting a new chip to solve tip in stall and no power issues post up your scantool numkbers at idle. It maybe something else.
You do have a scanmaster right?

I don't have a scan master I was using an old OBD1 scanner on the car but it stopped working so now I'll be ordering a scan master.

As far as other markings there are no other markings anywhere on the chip. This car sat for a long time by the previous owner :( I guess this chip is proof that it needs some updating

looks like Joe Lubrant's handwriting.

if so its an old school chip for sure, but should still run ok if everything is ok with the MAF/ECM/etc.

B

Have you checked to make sure you don't have some kind of vacuum leak??? That can cause issues like you're describing.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Older chips and 42's were notorious for tip in stumble. Check and eliminate everything else, then consider a new chip.

yeah, Turbo Tweak chips rock.

BTW, certain other chips had this tip-in issue fixed many years ago too.... :)

Bob

you have a great chip also as well as a great slew of other parts that are outstanding

no defense to you.