You can type here any text you want

What do these mean?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Anyone know what these number mean?
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. Interior color - Grey?
5. ?
6. Vin 9 (?)
7. ?
8. ?

Attachments

• Color plate.jpg
    Color plate.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 484
1. Build date. E=1984. 06=6th week. A=1st day??
2. 19L Exterior paint. 19-black L=lower
3. 19U Exterior paint.19-black U=upper
4. 60H Interior trim. 60-light sand gray H=Empress cloth
5. AQ9-Lier-Seigler bucket seat
6. Secret assembly code. Denotes option package
7. CCL-Clear Coat Laquer
8. W11- Regal T-Type

I'm not 100% sure on how to read that build date.
And I haven't deciphered the secret assembly codes. I've lost count but IIRC I have seen at least 13 numbers used with that goofy shamrock stamp.

turbofish38 said:
8. W11- Regal T-Type

Eric,
U R DA MAN!

Now I am confused.
#8 = T-Type with Lier S. seats? (Wrong again uh?)

In item number 1, I believe "06" is for June and "A" is for the first week of the month. :)

All 84 GN's are technically T-Types. The GN was an option on T-Types only. And the Lier-Seiglers were an option for the T-Type but standard on the GN. I screwed up on the interior. 60H has Brandon cloth with Sierra leather inserts. I think in a previous post I said the 84 GN code was 60C. It is in fact 60H just like your tag says. This would be the only way to distingish(sp) a GN from a T-Type with the L-S seat as the trim code for the T would be 60C.

turbofish38 said:
All 84 GN's are technically T-Types. The GN was an option on T-Types only. And the Lier-Seiglers were an option for the T-Type but standard on the GN. I screwed up on the interior. 60H has Brandon cloth with Sierra leather inserts. I think in a previous post I said the 84 GN code was 60C. It is in fact 60H just like your tag says. This would be the only way to distingish(sp) a GN from a T-Type with the L-S seat as the trim code for the T would be 60C.
Eric,
So the 60H code is in fact "Lt Sand gray"?

INEEDAGN said:
I thought that #7 was "CC1" which denotes t-tops.

I think your right. I was thinking the 1 was a L but after comparing it to the other L I can see what it is now. I'm going to have to check some of the cowl tags I have as the ones I have pictures of show something there and they are all off of solid roof cars. I have a few astroroof Rivieras and I'll check to see if the CF5 code is there as well.

Jerryl said:
Eric,
So the 60H code is in fact "Lt Sand gray"?

I got this off the net, maybe Turbofish can verify its accuracy.

602 TRIM COMBINATION, LEATHER, LT DRIFTWOOD (2)
603 TRIM COMBINATION, LEATHER, LT DRIFTWOOD (3)
604 TRIM COMBINATION, LEATHER, LT DRIFTWOOD (4)
609 SEAT BELT COLOR, MED COGNAC (91)
60B TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT DRIFTWOOD ( B)
60C TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, MED COGNAC (C) (91)
60D TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT DRIFTWOOD (D)
60E TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT DRIFTWOOD (E)
60G TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT DRIFTWOOD (G)
60H TRIM COMBINATION, CLOTH, LT DRIFTWOOD (H)
60I INTERIOR TRIM, MED COGNAC (91)

I have 60H, 60I & 609.

Gary, Those appear to be codes from a newer vehicle.
Yours should be the same as Jerry's.
60H-Light Sand Gray=Brandon cloth/Sierra leather insert
60I-Light Sand Gray interior
609-LSG Seat Belts

whats the code for a grand national interior? thought since we were on the topic i would just post here instead of a new thread.

thanks

bosted86 said:
whats the code for a grand national interior? thought since we were on the topic i would just post here instead of a new thread.
thanks

I only know the interior trim code for an 84GN. This was tricky and took lots of Teamwork from an original owner and OEM parts expert to figure it out. :biggrin:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33337

Contact Sherwin Williams Automotive division.
They have paint chips to get you the exact code.

Build date

Hi Jerryl,
I think that date could be construed as January 6, 1984. I believe GM used the alphabet for the months as well as the years. I could be wrong,but it does make sense, as the date would be reversed.

bosted86 said:

thanks

The code for a 84 would be 60 and the interior trim is 60H.
The code for a 85-87 GN would be 82 and the interior trim would be 82C.

Back