You can type here any text you want

What do you Guys think of these wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

This is Dads WE4,

Mom and I went in together last Christmas and got Dad these Rims.

They are Edlebrocks, they sure gave the car a new look.

Have not seen many people running these, they fit great and look good too.

17 x 8 w/4.25 backspacing.

Dennis

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00233.JPG
    Copy of DSC00233.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 391
I like it.

The car looks classy with those wheels on it. Thats the best way I can describe my impression. I dont think the car looks mean however.

WHat size tires are out back? I have 17x8 with the same back spacing and i've only tried a 245 size tire.

Those wheels were cast for Edelbrock by Ultra Wheel Corporation here in the US and called the "454". When Eldebrock Wheel went tits up, Ultra took the molds and sent them to China and is now casting and marketing this wheel under the Ultra Wheel banner. Look on their website.

I have had a set of the "China" made 454's for over a year. They balanced perfectly and the polished finish has held up superbly. Typical retail is about $750-$850 for a set of 4 with spinners.

There is only 1 size, 17x8 and only 1 offset unless they have expanded the line. They are cast in Ford and Chevy bolt patterns. The China cast wheels I purchased would NOT FIT a G body disc brake caliper/hub on the front of a 86 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 I owned and therefore they may not fit a GN. There may be a difference I am not aware of between a Gn and a GP.

I have them installed on a Shadow Gray 1970 Chevelle Convertible and they fit and drive superb! Most people think of these wheels as a Ford wheel since the Ellanor cars have a similiar wheel and look.

My first impression is that they look really nice; my second impression is that your dad is a lucky guy.

wheels

We had to use spacers on the front wheels to clear the disc brakes.

The car looks even better when you see it for real.

Den

The problem I experienced when trying to mount these wheels on my 86 Pontiac 2+2 was not with the brake calipers but with the hub diamter of the outer bearing hub. The diameter of the outer bearing hub itself (end of hub that holds the smaller wheel bearinig) is larger than the center hole in the wheel and center cap that holds the spinner. Therefore the wheel will not fully seat flat on the rotor face and you cannot bolt the wheel securely to the car. Spacers/adapters will solve this problem as noted above.

The hub frontend fitment problem with this particular set of wheels may go away if you do the upgrade your brakes with 98-2005 2WD Blazer spindle assemblies as discussed elsewhere on this forum. I "believe" the outer hub diameter is smaller on this spindle/brake assembly like a regular GM car. If this is the case, the wheels will fit properly without spacers/adapters AND you will also get the benefit of much better front brakes.

A win/win situation all around. Great looking wheels and much better front brakes! I think the wheels will look even better on a Black GN with the gray painted area of the wheels repainted black.

Funny that you should post this. I sold my 70 chevelle last week and had these wheels on it. I pulled them off and sold them to my buddy for his GN. They look great on these cars and, as said, we had to use a .25 inch spacer on the fronts. Great looking car.

Back