You can type here any text you want

What doe it take

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chopped39

Im am picking up an 87 gn we4 car. well i have a 1989 formula 350 car that i bought with no motor and trans. what will it take to swap engine into formula. can i use the trans out of the buick. I seen that umi makes a crossmember to bolt torque arm to. wiring? any info will be great. this project is cutting into the restro of my 87 limited. so the more parts i can use of the buick donor car would save me $$$$$ thanks in advance

From the WE4 to Formula, everything will go, engine, trans, ECM, Harness, Intercooler(assuming its stock location) I do believe that youll need a custom driveshaft for the 2004R. You'll need TTA Frame mounts, a 2004R Trans crossmember(spohn??) I even used all the IC piping from the GN, MAF pipe(slightly modified) Post some pics in the hybrid section!!!

Use a TTA engine harness or call painless up. My understanding is there is a lot of rework if you use a GN harness.
Do you have the 9 bolt 3:27 rear with PBR calipers? if so that's the same rear the TTA used.

swap

Hi,
Sounds like fun. More like a hassle, actually, as you track down ALL those itsy bitsy details that drive us conversionists nuts.I have been there, with the 93 Regal. NEVER attempt these jobs without a handy donor car. I will be happy to take all the photos I can of the stock vehicle to aid you in your work. Good luck!

Back