You can type here any text you want

What Does B-Body Spindles Accomplish?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
As the title says. I have seen mention of using B-Body Spindles for better handling. Could someone explain to me what is happening here?

Thank you
~JM~

"B" body spindles give you bigger brakes and require you to purchase a custom tubular upper control arm. Spohn has them and they aint cheap. It's also supposed to correct some of the steering angles that the G body cars have. You also must use a 16" or larger wheel.

T-type 15" wheels will fit with B spindles, GN wheels will not. I bought UB Machine arms from a Monte guy that work with the B spindles. Brake rotors are 1LE '92 Camaro pieces available at O'rielly's. All the other stuff is stock B-body.

The mod lowers the front end about 3/4" and moves the wheels out about 1/2" per side.

It's a cheap way to go with 12" brakes, but it does have Bump Steer that can get annoying.

My other car with 12" Baers on stock spindles with tall ball joints has similar suspension geometry but doesn't have any bump steer.

Back