You can type here any text you want

What exh system in your S2 "street car"?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by NEARING
What system are you guys running?
Custom fabricated?
Thanks.
My suggestion would be either a single shot 3.5" or dual 3". The 3.5" is going to be lighter but also louder. Mines custom as the DP needed to be custom with the Precision stage II headers.

Art.

Originally posted by NEARING
Thanks, I didn't know the single shot was 3"1/2 inch
Depends on what you want. I believe Cotton's sells a nice 3.5" single shot. He can get you a 3.5" DP too, real nice.

Art.

NEARING,
I'm currently running a 3.5" THDP with a used 3" ATR single shot someone traded me, he couldnt stand the noise anymore, I can see why !! I'd like to try a 3 1/2 sys.
Of course, my S2 setup is milder than most,

Jim

Not a turbobuick, but fwiw, my car is running a 3.5 downpipe and used to run a 3.5in single exhaust (with dual tips).

I recently stepped up the exhaust to 4in at about the trans crossmember area and made a longer wastegate pipe that also merges in at that point.

Picked up 37rwtq at peak, and approx 100rwhp/100rwtq throughout the midrange because the boost curve came on so much faster. (peak hp remained the same however)

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Depends on what you want. I believe Cotton's sells a nice 3.5" single shot. He can get you a 3.5" DP too, real nice.

Art.

Artie doesn't Rich have a single shot. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TurboDiverArt
Yup, 3.5" end to end. I run 3" end to end but through duals.

I like it but I do not think the neighbors would like it to much here in Toms River. :D :D

Originally posted by njturbo
I like it but I do not think the neighbors would like it to much here in Toms River. :D :D
They aren't that loud. Many Imports with the 4" trash can and some Mustangs are much louder. Remember, turbo takes a lot of sound away. My street GN with ATR 2.5 Duals and Mill Steel muffs is louder than the stage car.

Richie's is pretty quite in my opinion.

Art.

4 in exhaust

NEARING said:
What system are you guys running?
Custom fabricated?
Thanks.

I know this is a old thread, But I just got through with a custom 4in exhaust. Sounds wicked. 4in from turbo to turndown w/bullet style muffler.

Attachments

• 4 in Exhaust 1.JPG
    4 in Exhaust 1.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 279
Don't take a chance of choking it. Go as big as will fit. I'm using 5 inch on a Stage I.

BAGN said:
I know this is a old thread, But I just got through with a custom 4in exhaust. Sounds wicked. 4in from turbo to turndown w/bullet style muffler.

Got the same setup. I does sound good, and when it comes to cheap building a S2 car, this muffler is about as cheap as anything gets.

NEARING said:
I don't think 5" is allowed in TSO. :frown:

We don't need no stinkin rules. :cool:
You understand rules are designed to hold us back. While the Mustang crowd is getting notoriety, the Buick crowd stimies themselves with rules. Rules stagnate new and interesting development. 5 years from now who knows where the import crowd will be and we'll still be holding ourselves back with rules.

DonWG said:
You understand rules are designed to hold us back. While the Mustang crowd is getting notoriety, the Buick crowd stimies themselves with rules. Rules stagnate new and interesting development. 5 years from now who knows where the import crowd will be and we'll still be holding ourselves back with rules.

True.

DonWG said:
If you want to race in an unlimited class then you can race in one of the Ultra Quick 8 classes. The Ultra Quick 8 Outlaw 10.5" tire class at E-Town is a high 6-second class with a few low 7's sprinkled in. This is a heads up class.

TSO allows 5" at the 90-degree turn from the turbo then 4" for the down-pipe and exhaust. You do not need to have a full exhaust. The twists and turns that go over and around the rear are where you could really use the 5" piping. My 4" exhaust turns down right before the rear.

Art.

Art.

Ted A. said:
Got the same setup. I does sound good, and when it comes to cheap building a S2 car, this muffler is about as cheap as anything gets.
Ted, I have to disagree. I believe the turn-down pipe is cheaper than the muffler... :)

Art.

TurboDiverArt said:
If you want to race in an unlimited class then you can race in one of the Ultra Quick 8 classes. The Ultra Quick 8 Outlaw 10.5" tire class at E-Town is a high 6-second class with a few low 7's sprinkled in. This is a heads up class.

TSO allows 5" at the 90-degree turn from the turbo then 4" for the down-pipe and exhaust. You do not need to have a full exhaust. The twists and turns that go over and around the rear are where you could really use the 5" piping. My 4" exhaust turns down right before the rear.

Art.

Art.

Is there such a thing as an unlimited Stage I class? I would assume to be doing 6s and 7s you need to be Stage II or are there some doing that with production style heads?

I run a custom 4" ex from the turbo back,and it goes over the rear axle and exits stock location.
I like a full exhaust,not a turndown.
This was on a Stage 1 .9.40 car.
But the Stage 2 motor is going in shortly,Will still be street driven and hopefully run 8s

Back