You can type here any text you want

What fans to use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
What fan setups would be good to use to help cool my car with a FMIC? I know everyone is using the RamCharger setup. What CFMs should I be looking for? I can make a shroud, should it cover all the core? What are the measurements of the core area (unable to measure due to being overseas)How about this one?
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...goryId=27087&parentCategoryId=10117&langId=-1

Are dual fans better? If so what do I need to look for? Thanks!

I went with the Ramchargers dual fans and they were an improvement over the stock single fan. It wasn't a huge difference but I think most of that was due to a pretty clogged stock radiator with 160k on it. I just put in the F body radiator and the temps stay around 160-165 with a 160 stat. I bought the radiator from Advance Auto. It was $118. If you go this route ask for the radiator from a 1992 Z28 Camaro with the plastic end tanks. It is lighter than the stocker and cools better. Since the temps haven't gotten over 70-75 since I put the radiator in I can't say how well it does in high humidity but it is definitely alot cooler than it ran with the stock stuff. By the way, I have an ESP front mount along with a good sized tranny cooler helping to block airflow to the radiator.

Aren't the Ramchargers out of business? What are other options? I've heard rumors about Spal making a fan for NASCAR but have not been able to confirm it. Anyone know about that?
Conrad

ps...have Spal dual fans on my 74 Z28 and don't like the noise from the straight blades.

I use 94/95 Trans-Am dual fans I bought off Ebay for $60. I bought the old Casper's/Ramchargers harness and swapped out the F-Bpdy plugs. They work like a charm and look right at home on my F-Body radiator.

Dual 15" blades move 5500 CFM!

vader87 said:
What fan setups would be good to use to help cool my car with a FMIC? I know everyone is using the RamCharger setup. What CFMs should I be looking for? I can make a shroud, should it cover all the core? What are the measurements of the core area (unable to measure due to being overseas)How about this one?
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...goryId=27087&parentCategoryId=10117&langId=-1

Are dual fans better? If so what do I need to look for? Thanks!

Here ya go slap these on there and never have to worry about it again! :biggrin:

Dual 15" blades move 5500 CFM!

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/monster-electric.html

Someone in the junkyard dogs forum used fans from an LT1 F body and said they seemed to move as much air as the Ramchargers fans. The LS1 F bodies use the same shroud and fan blades but different, slightly more expensive motors, so they may move even more air but I haven't seen anyone test this.

Back