You can type here any text you want

What happened to those Performance HA Headers???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
They've just been posted about in the HA section kid. Waiting on results from Jay, Shane, And the owner of the car.

They've just been posted about in the HA section kid. Waiting on results from Jay, Shane, And the owner of the car.

hmmmmmkay.... I down for a set. I Hope to get this 4.1 if I dont get it im gonna get this gn motor and go BT on it.

Lol.......

i guess you gotta point...

just got to get one motor to hold...

one to hold

one to hold!

A.j.

A.j. you must just prefer agressive tuning/ ignition timing. Or your. Job has been infiltrating your garage ethics with "let's blow stuff up". Haha but I am with you on that note I've blown up plenty of Honda D series engines in the pursuit of fun.

A.j. you must just prefer agressive tuning/ ignition timing. Or your. Job has been infiltrating your garage ethics with "let's blow stuff up". Haha but I am with you on that note I've blown up plenty of Honda D series engines in the pursuit of fun.

lol.... yea im very very aggressive.

the problem hasnt really been the tune, more getting the heat out of the charge..

I have been pushing 28-30 lbs of boost.... and at that level the dischage temps are way up in the 300s. Thus, my attempt to use the meth like Donnie. I think with the injector, I can get 35lbs of boost and Live on a D/T motor.

A.j.

the problem hasnt really been the tune, more getting the heat out of the charge..

I have been pushing 28-30 lbs of boost.... and at that level the dischage temps are way up in the 300s. Thus, my attempt to use the meth like Donnie. I think with the injector, I can get 35lbs of boost and Live on a D/T motor.

A.j.

:eek: 35 PSI? Seriously Aj?:confused: I have a feeling your next engine will be a spectacular suprise or a really big boom.:biggrin:

A.j.

how are you able to run that much boost.

:eek: 35 PSI? Seriously Aj?:confused: I have a feeling your next engine will be a spectacular suprise or a really big boom.:biggrin:

LMAO

Well, Donnie and Brian have both run 35psi in the past and thats literally what it takes to make that 6-700 horsepower on a fairly stock 3.8. if they can do it..............so can I.

I have to fight that heat though... its rediculous... I think the alky being injected at that volume of flow needed to make that much power, should have a substancial effect on that charge temp. if I can cut the heat by half....... I will make my 600hp.

A.j.

how are you able to run that much boost.

Nos..... lots and lots of Nos get that turbine moving real hard and fast. and a HD IC waste gate from precision.

lol.... its actually, 3 times easier for you to make 35psi than it is for me.

imagine that?

boost is a function of poor flow.

A.j.

LMAO

Well, Donnie and Brian have both run 35psi in the past and thats literally what it takes to make that 6-700 horsepower on a fairly stock 3.8. if they can do it..............so can I.

I have to fight that heat though... its rediculous... I think the alky being injected at that volume of flow needed to make that much power, should have a substancial effect on that charge temp. if I can cut the heat by half....... I will make my 600hp.

A.j.

If you can do an initial shot of N2O to get it spooled and then cut it down quite a bid this should keep the engine mixture cooler. This may be the way to go Aj. Just a slight mix instead of a full blown shot. Either that or the nitrogen cooller we'd talked about.

If you can do an initial shot of N2O to get it spooled and then cut it down quite a bid this should keep the engine mixture cooler. This may be the way to go Aj. Just a slight mix instead of a full blown shot. Either that or the nitrogen cooller we'd talked about.

oh charlie... i think were onto something here...

raw chemical power vs. intercooler, sfi, etc etc....

it search of power... simpler might be better.

A.j.

oh charlie... i think were onto something here...

raw chemical power vs. intercooler, sfi, etc etc....

it search of power... simpler might be better.

A.j.

Well if you make a plate with several tubes in it and put that under your turbo adaptor you could run nitrogen in it to coool the mix. This with the added nitrous would make it super cool so you can reduce air temps. Just make sure you have some sort of pop off valve in case of back fire.:eek:

He's not using a stock intake Matt. It's an open plenum pretty much.:biggrin:
i wish i could see his setup then i would know more.

how do you use nitrous to spool the turbo. what i have is just a superpowershot plate system. i have been using as i advance down the track/street i dont use it on the street or track much... i think i just have it there for looks most of the time. soon i am hoping to do my 301 unit... if i still have no bottom end power after the 301 turbo; i might just switch over to the 86/87 setup i already have all the parts... :frown:

i have been using as i advance down the track/street i dont use it on the street or track much... i think i just have it there for looks most of the time. soon i am hoping to do my 301 unit... if i still have no bottom end power after the 301 turbo; i might just switch over to the 86/87 setup i already have all the parts... :frown:

heres how I use n2o for spool.

pull to the line, lock line locks, purge n2o lines, arm n2o system, depending on track conditions- set the delay timer.

begin to stage, hit beams and lock trans brake, arm timer.

at this point, I floor it.... i get about 1lb of boost at the line.

so soon as light begins to change, i release trans lock, this activates the timer for the n2o. at exactly .006 into the launch the n2o activates and pumps a 75 shot down its throat.... which makes that turbo spool.

well the 301 unit, shouldnt have such a hard time spooling, if your doing Charlies mod, if your trying to use a stock 301 unit... expect alot of lag.

to use the n2o for spool you need to use it when the engine needs it most, not when your already rolling like a ricer does. needs to be just mili-seconds after you launch..

A.j.

Back