You can type here any text you want

What happened to those Performance HA Headers???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
heres how I use n2o for spool.

pull to the line, lock line locks, purge n2o lines, arm n2o system, depending on track conditions- set the delay timer.

begin to stage, hit beams and lock trans brake, arm timer.

at this point, I floor it.... i get about 1lb of boost at the line.

so soon as light begins to change, i release trans lock, this activates the timer for the n2o. at exactly .006 into the launch the n2o activates and pumps a 75 shot down its throat.... which makes that turbo spool.

well the 301 unit, shouldnt have such a hard time spooling, if your doing Charlies mod, if your trying to use a stock 301 unit... expect alot of lag.

to use the n2o for spool you need to use it when the engine needs it most, not when your already rolling like a ricer does. needs to be just mili-seconds after you launch..

A.j.
ok i guess i need to get a delay timer... i have been working with mike as well as charlie. charlie a while back, but do you have any ideas why my car has no bottom end power Aj. i have great mid to top end power but no bottom end i cant even spin the tires. i have a 3.42 gear out back and still cant spin them. i have no and i mean no power out of the hole. a while back i was having issues with spooling up the turbo and still do at one point the little flapper on top the the wastegate that moves wouldnt move but it was just a bolt that was too long. now i cant get the turbo to spool up and when i give it full gas while i am holding the break it dies out and i have to keep cranking it.. i think it because I'm flooding the thing but i havent done anything different to the carb. any ideas i keep getting told that my timing is acting like it is retarded but i know i have had it at 15,17 and 22 advance and still no bottom end power. i have it at 17 like mike told me and it made no difference. the only thing he told me to do was put a holley on but i still need to find a holley that works. i have a few holley carb laying around but mike said that the model 1850 would not work for me.. so i am on the hunt for that. do you really think that a holley carb would help or is it something bigger. here is what me and charlie came up with if you want to see the thread.

your the only person i have not worked with yet. i really have been just dealing with it but now i think i need more help. anyone else can chime in i need suggestions of things to do nothing has been working for me.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/297845-need-help.html

Part of the reason your car is lagy is the tranny and gears Matt. You really need a set of 3.42's and a 2004R to make it work better. A higher stall convertor will also help quite a bit. If it's got the stock turbo then you need to do some sort of exducer upgrade to reduce the lag time.

Here's some good reading for you on what Aj and I have been reading over the last year or so. Beware it's long and quite complicated but it's great info. The other thing is Donnie is using a 91mm turbo on a 224 cid engine.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...ous-methanol-anti-lag-system-afterburner.html

Part of the reason your car is lagy is the tranny and gears Matt. You really need a set of 3.42's and a 2004R to make it work better. A higher stall convertor will also help quite a bit. If it's got the stock turbo then you need to do some sort of exducer upgrade to reduce the lag time.

Here's some good reading for you on what Aj and I have been reading over the last year or so. Beware it's long and quite complicated but it's great info. The other thing is Donnie is using a 91mm turbo on a 224 cid engine.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...ous-methanol-anti-lag-system-afterburner.html

you know what the sad thing about that is... i have a 3.42 gear posi rear end and a 200r4 trans with a B&M torquemaster 3000 converter. and still no bottom end.:frown: if i can find a complete hot air exhaust side for cheap i would do that up grade sooner or latter i will.

you know what the sad thing about that is... i have a 3.42 gear posi rear end and a 200r4 trans with a B&M torquemaster 3000 converter. and still no bottom end.:frown: if i can find a complete hot air exhaust side for cheap i would do that up grade sooner or latter i will.

I think I've got an answer for you now Matt. To high a stall convertor will also cause a laggy response. A 3K convertor is just to much for your car right now. You need somewhere around 2200 to 2600 stall. I've been talking to Chris and Jake about mine as well as bison and all of them have told me no more than a 2800 stall at the level we're at.

I think I've got an answer for you now Matt. To high a stall convertor will also cause a laggy response. A 3K convertor is just to much for your car right now. You need somewhere around 2200 to 2600 stall. I've been talking to Chris and Jake about mine as well as bison and all of them have told me no more than a 2800 stall at the level we're at.

then the next thing i do is put a stock GN converter in.

Make sure it's one for the 86-87 set up. It should help you get out of the hole better. You've got to remember that the 3K is based off a non turbo engine and when you add the turbo to it this moves it up even more. Your 3K stall may actually be spooling at closer to 3500. Does the engine seem to rev really high when you want to take off?

Make sure it's one for the 86-87 set up. It should help you get out of the hole better. You've got to remember that the 3K is based off a non turbo engine and when you add the turbo to it this moves it up even more. Your 3K stall may actually be spooling at closer to 3500. Does the engine seem to rev really high when you want to take off?

yes and no it makes a little better power out of the hole, but i get what your saying. i will see what a new converter does.

Yea it definitly sounds like theres something wrong there.

and I reckon its more than just the converter.

Why does it stall after a hard run?

theres something off on the combo...

A.j.

Yea it definitly sounds like theres something wrong there.

and I reckon its more than just the converter.

Why does it stall after a hard run?

theres something off on the combo...

A.j.

Im thinking the same thing it has to be more than the converter.

What kinda carb do you have? Electric Qjet or non computer? Im thinking your carb is just messed up.

What kinda carb do you have? Electric Qjet or non computer? Im thinking your carb is just messed up.

stock 1978 QJet... if anyone live in Il i am more than willing to have you look at it. i really dont know whats wrong with it any suggestions help.

Pull it off and take the top of the carb off. Might be something in there thats clogging a jet or something stupid like that. My car ran 100% better when I rebuilt the carb.

Back