You can type here any text you want

What injectors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rking

I am wanting mid 9s with a 4 bolt 72 or 76 on a Stage 2 with a FAST. What injectors. I know with the FAST I could run 160#, but I still want a very limited amount of streetability. Any suggestions would be great, TIA.

I would say the 83's also, even the 95's are a little big for mid 9's. We have 160's on our car and they dump fuel like crazy at idle, don't want that, do ya?:D

And if you want a theoretical answer to go along with the guys who've dunnit, 9.50 and 3500 lbs means 800 hp, and a bsfc of .5 and duty cycle of 80% gives 83 lb/hr per injector. Hmm, maybe they do know? :-)

Anyone want to trade??

Anyone want to trade a set of brand new 75# for some 83# :D Thanks for all your help, guys.

Where is Chuck Leeper??

Trust me when I say you will want the 95lbers just to be on the safe side cause those duty cycle #'s will be on the high side if you plan on running mid 9's @140+mph with a full weight (3500lb or heavier TR).... If you don't believe me ask Chris Cairns who is going 140+mph with his Stage II TR cause he had 83's and from what I remember after seeing his duty cycle #'s he moved up to the 95's and now he is using the 160lbers (I'm pretty sure he also moved up from a 76 to an 88 turbo).... Better to be safe than sorry IMHO:)

I am using 96# MSD and they run and idle good. Very streetable but I also have a sequential box. I also think you should size them on the large size because you will always want to upgrade something(turbo,cam ect..) and go faster that would require a larger injector.
Allan Gorneault

95#

Who carries the 95# injectors. I dont believe that I have ever seen them advertised before. TIA

We ran 83's in the FAST car all the way down to 8.80's using a seq. DFI, it was 3400 at the time and OUT of fuel.
In the SLOW car (which is the only one we presently have that is running) is 3640# runs 9.30's at 152, has 95's in it with a good bit to spare, they are the same price and a decent tuner can make them idle smooth as silk.
Bill Anderson

Re: Where is Chuck Leeper??

Originally posted by 86brick
If you don't believe me ask Chris Cairns who is going 140+mph with his Stage II TR cause he had 83's and from what I remember after seeing his duty cycle #'s he moved up to the 95's and now he is using the 160lbers (I'm pretty sure he also moved up from a 76 to an 88 turbo).... Better to be safe than sorry IMHO:)

With the 83's, and when I first reported my duty cycle of 88% I was running a very fat A/F ratio of 10.4...trying to bring down my EGT's. Soon after I gave up and decided to live with high EGT's.

Once I had brought the A/F back to 11.5 where it is now...and with EGT's still mid to high 1700's...I was at 82% DC with the same 83's.

I did recently go to 160's, since I was worried about exactly what you said.....I may run out of fuel with the new 88 turbo. I just didn't want to worry about it.

The idle quality sucked right off the bat. Then Bill A. advised me to lower the fp and change the injector constant which has helped a lot but it still ain't as nice as it was with the 83's.

If I had my druthers, and with 100% accurate hindsight, if I had to do it again I'd buy smaller than 160's.

And on another note....I just came back from the big city. I had to have someone tig weld the chrome-moly window frames pieces. They're done now and it's the last thing before Vegas. I was worried this chassis guy wouldn't be able to fit in my small job but he did so I'm now happy.

The final hurtles will be hoping there ain't no snow on the way through Oregon and that the ole pickup keeps runnin'.

Chris

160's are the ticket Chris, no offense but throw your EGT meter in the can, it should be used for reference only and not tuning. A?F ratio is what you should use, EGT is greatly affected by timing.....
Bill

Bill wouldn't be the first person I've heard say this. I got all worried when I was seeing 1750-1765 on the EGT. I had the meter tested and it was high by 40 degrees at 1700 so my EGT's are really about 1710-1725 or so. Was still worried and a few people told me it's a reference and not to really worry about it unless you are seeing insane numbers. Can also be used if running too cool and having poor spool up.

Oh, BTW. Running 9.84's at 140 MPH in a full weight car using a 76 turbo, my 96# injectors are in the 60% range (11.4 target O2, 26 degrees of timing). I figure I have plenty of injector to go, even upgrading to an 80 turbo. Don't think I'd have enough for an 88 though. Who knows, I don't have the money to even dream about that.....

Back