You can type here any text you want

What injectors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trading t/a

I'm Angry!!!!!
My mods are in my sig! Do you guys have any reccomendations as far as injectors? Should I go with 50's,009's,etc. I dont plan on going any larger right now and if I do it will be in the future and in the back of my mind the plan is a 45 with 72's(way down the line).

All I'm looking for is consistent mid 11's in race trim and mid 12's on the street. For the 44 I have they say are good for mid 11's, but is that pushing the envelope a little.

What I'm getting at is should I go for the larger injectors now, get the ecm drivers modded and use the 44 till I get tired of it?

Thanx for any suggestions.

PS: I may be in the market for 50's if anyone has em for sale!!!!!

I got 50's and I really like them. I know it would take me a long, long time for my goals with this car so I went ahead and bought the 50' for now. I can still dump race gas in and turn the boost up pretty good and not worry about them leaning out:)

My goals are roughly the same as yours.

Bo

You're at high 11's now with the mph. It's good mph, so with a good 60' into the low 1.7s/high 1.6s, you will have the ET. I see you have the LCAs. Maybe some air bags and slicks if you don't have those, for the money you would spend upgrading injectors at this point.

As long as you are not going lean on those injectors, increasing your boost on that 44 from the 20 you ran, up to 22-24 psi should make a big difference also to get the mid 11.

You could always use the injectors you have now and add an SMC alky kit to the combo. I went 119.84 MPH with stock injectors, alky, and a TE44. That was with a 50/50 pump/race gas mix and a 19* street chip at 24 psi. That combo made 426 HP and a fuzz shy of 600 lb-ft of torque! I forgot to mention, that was with an ATR 2.5" DP and the stock exhaust elbow:) The O2's never dropped below .790mv, and the EGT never above 1585*.

50's... Easy to tune and never any problem.

Thats what I run..PT51 turbo,50's...And dead on consistent in the 11's..

Whats street trim/race trim..I always run it how I normally drive it :)

And Yes to the SMC alky kit..;)

Street trim is not having to run an alky system all the time. I would like 20psi on the street(there now with very little knock on 868's) with no octane additives and 25 possibly 27psi at the track with Xylene, she does lean out quite a bit up top when it hits 24 psi (huge fan of it! It does wonders. She runs better with it than 112 leaded). I think I can get another 5mph outta this car with some more boost, However the mph will drop once I get some stickys and a good 60'.

Back