What is a stage II motor?

dgreen1069

What exactly is a Stage II motor? Does it have to do with the bore and stroke, boost levels, or something else. Just curious.

Stage 2 motors were used in the Bush "Grand National" series, hence the name Buick Grand National. The buick grand national was named that to celebrate its success in that series. The stage 2 motor was also used in the Indy 500 cars. The buick stage 2 motor held the record for 10-15 years at the brickyard at around 236mph. They were race blocks made by buick for racing.

dgreen1069 said:
What exactly is a Stage II motor? Does it have to do with the bore and stroke, boost levels, or something else. Just curious.

Stage 2 = money pit and premature hair loss from stress. :eek: :D

unless the mustang has a twin turbo and chasis built to withstand that power as well.lol. just kidding.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds very expensive.....for the sake of my marriage I better not spend too much time looking in on this topic:)

tarheel13 said:
unless the mustang has a twin turbo and chasis built to withstand that power as well.lol. just kidding.

There will always be someone faster. :) Should take care of the majority of them.

No doubt Big Stu. At least the GN will have more style. Most cars cannot handle a nice GN. Hope to own one someday.
And thanks for all of the good info. on stage II motors. I was wondering myself.

Jason
'92LX convert. For Sale
'86GT

tarheel13 said:
No doubt Big Stu. At least the GN will have more style. Most cars cannot handle a nice GN. Hope to own one someday.
And thanks for all of the good info. on stage II motors. I was wondering myself.

Jason
'92LX convert. For Sale
'86GT

I like mustangs too, just seems fairly easy with a turbo and a v-8 to make big power. It's a little harder to do with a stage motor. You could have bought my gn. I recently practically gave it away for $4k. It was pretty nice too. Oh well..... :) Good luck on your hunt for one.