what is considered a fast street car et wise

ghall said:
If you are implying the times in your sig on pump and street tires----there is NOO way----if you mean---on some race gas riding arond on the weekend with some drag radials--then OK---it's quick.

Geoff

I run drag radials all the time an I also have a alky kit just have not had the time to put it on with that my car should always be in 11 second kill mode

my 1st gn said:
my car runs mid 11's is that considered fast for a street car that you could drive anywhere

I have beaten alot of low 11's high 10's second cars on the street because they can't get their cars out of the hole on the street most have transbrakes with high stall converter that they have to launch so high to be in there power band an the street will not hold that in they just go an smoke

my 1st gn said:
I have beaten alot of low 11's high 10's second cars on the street because they can't get their cars out of the hole on the street most have transbrakes with high stall converter that they have to launch so high to be in there power band an the street will not hold that in they just go an smoke

How about throwing a period in there every once in awhile? Might make your posts easier to read.

Anyway, nowadays it depends on where you live. I know in Houston and large areas like that there are legit 9 second street cars all over.

turbosam6 said:
How about throwing a period in there every once in awhile? Might make your posts easier to read.

Anyway, nowadays it depends on where you live. I know in Houston and large areas like that there are legit 9 second street cars all over.

good point I hope it makes my car faster an if you don't like it then don't read it

my 1st gn said:

You might have a point from a quick stoplight to stoplight. Give them enough room and a clear street, and LOOK out. :eek:

Hey whatever man, if you like to appear less intelligent then by all means go for it.

As was mentioned, its all about hook on the street, but alot of spots have been prepped to be nearly as good as the track. I think we've all seen the street wheelie videos.

Last summer I beat a faster car on the street because I hooked and he didn't. BTW, I had a high stall convertor, and drag radials, and did no burnout. And the street wasn't prepped at all. In fact, it was actually very cold. The car is setup right and I've learned how to launch it. Hopefully it keeps hooking with the new powerplant, an extra 200 rwhp might change things.

I think it all depends on the area, around here there are very few "fast" cars, I went out last night and there were supposed to be a couple races but I don't think any ever materialized. The fastest car there ran 11's and it was having problems. But in Chicago there will be cars ranging from 13 second imports to 9 second sleepers. I know of a couple 8 second cars that get out there too. I have a buddy in Dallas and he says if you show up in anything slower than 9's you'd better keep your mouth shut.

fast for sure

my 1st gn said:
my car runs mid 11's is that considered fast for a street car that you could drive anywhere
Theres no doubt that 11 anything is fast for a street car. Times have changed, cuz I remember back in the day my buddys car 65 chevelle wagon with a stroker small block ran consistent 12.20s on Racemasters stomping a lot of so called fast mustangs back in the early 90s. I would be happy with an 11 second car---I just hope mine will be there..

Our T-Type runs high 10's, has a footbrake - no linelock - and has ice cold AC, power windows and all the Buick luxuries... it looks and sounds close to stock.

Saturday, in 96° heat, we participated in a "cruise". The cruise was driving about 30 miles around our lake towns area. We went very slow most of the time and since it was hot we had the AC on. That evening, we probably drove 60 miles in traffic with the AC on with no overheating or problems. Now that's what I call a good fast street car - only in a Buick!

The cruise had police officers blocking off intersections as we drove through them. Before the cruise started, we had a drivers meeting where the lead police officer mentioned we would go slowly... so we could keep a tight formation... "and so the Fords could keep up" :)

Paul

JDSfastGN said:
for sure, down here in houston mid 11s just driving around and pulling up to cars is pretty unbeatable.... But if you go looking for races chances are your gonna bite off more than you can chew. There are just too many 9-10 sec Cobras and LS1s around here(as well as some old school muscle and your typical sprayed 347 5 ltr)
I can vouch for that, too many 10-9 secs. cobras and ls1 out here in houston!!. jUST LAST NIGHT I RACED A 10 sec. mustang coupe, it was a close race,nevertheless i lost, but i did give him a scare when this little v6 took gain speed in the 1.8th mark :cool: :) and i just lost by a fender.