You can type here any text you want

What is the Best option to increase boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G NASTY

I was going to buy an adjustable wastegate but now people are telling me I should go with a boost controller. Stock turbo for now. Plans to upgrade it in the next 10-12 months. What are the differences?

Your still going to need a adj waste sld. Then your boost controler will raise and lower the boost.

No you don't.

RJC valve plumbed in line rather than the solenoid (but leave the electrical connector hooked up)

The valve will not let the wastegate actuator see pressure until you hit the pre-set limit. Then it bleeds to the wastegate and starts opening thus reducing boost.

When you get a new turbo get an HD actuator (18psi).

the stock actuator spring (especially as old as it is) is easily overcome by exhaust pressure anyway. THe RJC valve will give you a slightly better spool up.

It's alot easer to go ahead and get one now. Your going to have to get one anyway , Right!! Then just shorten the threaded rod a little at the time until you get the boost setting your looking for. Don't forget about fuel pressure and knock.

I went ahead and ordered the adjustable wastegate for under 20psi from kirban. They had one for higher psi application but I'm not there yet. Should I still get the rjc boost controller? I have heard awesome things about it.

Back