What is this connector?

blackbuick87

Was screwing around under the hood and found an unplugged connector coming out of the main harness running along the drivers side valve cover, right behind the alternator.

It has two pale yellow (tan?) wires on one side of the connector, which is green, and the other side has one gray (white?) wire going into its side of the connector, which is black.

When i connected it the only thing that happened is my factory tach stopped working :confused:
The car seemed to run the same.

Any ideas or is this something the previous owner rigged?

Thanks

Wirez crossed!!

DO NOT plug those into each other. 1 is for the tach signal, [the green 1] and the other is a jumper to allow you to turn on the fuel pump w/out turning on the key.

You can jump from the alt hot stud to the blk wire and the FP will run.

Unplug them...:D :D

:D
Whoops!

Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there. When you find a connector that looks like it should go together but has two different colors DO NOT plug them in without asking someone who knows WTF they are doing

I didnt screw anything up did I?

SKREWED UP??

Unplug them and start the car. Does the tach work?? If so, you have dodged the "bullet", so to speak.
As for plugging things together B4 you know what's up: I did that ONCE when I was about 3-4 yrs old!! Put a hairpin in a wall plug!!! Didn't take long to find out why Ben Franklin's hair stood on end!!!!:D :D :D

Re: SKREWED UP??

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
I did that ONCE when I was about 3-4 yrs old!! Put a hairpin in a wall plug!!!

hee hee... Well, I at least used a car key! It was going to be my "ignition"...lol

ks:cool: