What is this?

87we410877

Im taking the alarm out of my car and I found this thing. What is it, what is the green wire for and why was it tapped into the alarm? Also the coaxial cable antenna wasn't hooked up. What would the result of that be?

Attachments

• smaller1.jpg
    smaller1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 112
  • smaller2.jpg
    smaller2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 102
The coax cable was more than likely the antenna for the alarm. As far as the green wire goes, trace it back to where it is spliced at the other end.

Autopage is a pretty ****ty unit IMHO. Green wire on most aalarms is going to be unlock wire output or negitive dome light input to the alarm.

You should just trace it back and get rid of it, it will be less cluter anyway.

It also has an output for the car antenna? So and something that looks like it goes to the radio. This unit is for the alarm ? IF so im going to take the entire thing out.

I doubt is has anything to do with the stereo. By the looks of it, it is probably as old as the car. I started alarm installs in 1996 and there was nothing like that piece back then. All the pagers that used the factory antenna had to plugs on the module, an input for the factory antenna and then the output back to the radio.

The antenna I speak of is more than likely for the reciever of the unit. It is very common to run the antenna up the a pillar and across the top of the headliner.

Best thing to do is get a test light on it and see what it does, it can only be a few things, lock/unlock, trunk pop, lights or a door trigger. By looking at the pic, i can't tell for sure but it looks lke it is spliced into the black wire. I would trace it back to the other end to make sure it is not for the radio or some other accessory.