You can type here any text you want

What kind of rods are these?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
Any help would be great. They appear to be stronger or larger than a two dot and will bolt into a stock production crank.

Attachments

• IMG_2144 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2144 (Small).JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2146 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2146 (Small).JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 203
boostingbuick said:
Any help would be great. They appear to be stronger or larger than a two dot and will bolt into a stock production crank.

Any marks or lettering on them at all?

These pics may help. No other marks that i can tell. And these are full floating .927 pin and are stock length. Had them in a 87 prod. block.

Attachments

• IMG_2147 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2147 (Medium).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2148 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_2148 (Medium).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 157
boostingbuick said:
These pics may help. No other marks that i can tell. And these are full floating .927 pin and are stock length. Had them in a 87 prod. block.

I am leaning towards what jason thinks. They look like a chevy rod.

Now are you guys saying that a chevy rod has the same length as a gn motor? But i am getting that these aren't really worth putting in a 109 block with a eagle crank.

I have seen some like that before, but the ones i saw were capscrews not thru bolt/nut style like those. I think Lentz made those rods and they were sold under the Buick Motorsports name. They look similar to the GMPP Bowtie rods for small block chevys, and Lentz also manufactured those for GM.

Those are the fordged BMS rods sold with the stage 11 block, heads ,and crank during the eighties,, part#25500007 , fordged 4340 steel, 3/8 aircraft quality through bolt and nut, .927 dia. pin, described in the Buick Stage11 V6 Performance Guide.....Jeff

SPEEDSTAR said:
Those are the fordged BMS rods sold with the stage 11 block, heads ,and crank during the eighties,, part#25500007 , fordged 4340 steel, 3/8 aircraft quality through bolt and nut, .927 dia. pin, described in the Buick Stage11 V6 Performance Guide.....Jeff

Beat me too it. I had a set of those for my old 109 block

Thank you all. But how much power can these things handle? I want to make a solid 600 to the tires.

boostingbuick said:
Thank you all. But how much power can these things handle? I want to make a solid 600 to the tires.

No problem,

That rod will take 100 hp per hole all day. Just have them magnafluxed, and upgrade the rod bolts. And of course you will have to have them re-sized if you change the bolts, not to mention to make sure they're round and not egg shaped.

Back