what kinds of cars have people put gn motors in?

At the St. Ignace car show in Michigan's

UP, I saw a bullet nose stude with the lc2 transplanted. It was beautiful.

There's the 86 Monte Carlo SS I looked at a month or so ago, very nice clean swap, I think in the Ohio area there's an '83 Hurst/Olds running around with a turbo drivetrain

Had one in a Corvair. Same engine is now in our 88 Monte SS.
The Jeep Wrangler was local to me. It used to show up at Atco a lot.
Seen a few Iroc's around here with GN engines.

The G-Type

Aaron is right but as far as death wish goes, does that make you an accomplice if you help plumb it? I'll be sure to tell my wife's lawyers that. ;)

BTW, that's what the G-Type is.

I also put a TR drivetrain into a 1982 Toyota 4X4 back in 1985, it was obviously not an IC car. It had a bigger cam, turbo, ignition work and a NASCAR holley 390. Used a Vega convertor in the TH-350 (BOP with a Chevy 4X4 output shaft and tailhousing). Was mildly lifted to boot. Most of the credit for that goes to my older brother but it was my truck (RIP).

There are also some gents considering Novas I believe...

HESCO has put gn engines in almost EVERYTHING. BMW 325(my favorite),Jaguar,Wrangler,Cherokee,and way more vehicles than I can remember.

68 firebird convertible, pruple with white. Was a very good job. The guy would not alk to me thoough, was somewhat stuck up. Car looked very good though.

Originally posted by sloride
HESCO has put gn engines in almost EVERYTHING. BMW 325(my favorite),Jaguar,Wrangler,Cherokee,and way more vehicles than I can remember.

I was independently thinking of doing a beemer myself, $$$ permitting. How would I get a hold of them?

- Freed

www.hesco.us . This was a hugger orange early 90s/late 80s 325. I was told by the owner that it was all stock w/ a dutt neck,k&n,and exhaust(and lots and lots of tuning). Car ran 12.0s in street trim.

Originally posted by troGNman
One of the cleanest installs I have seen was back in 1990 or 1991. The car was a 1987 Monte Carlo LS (the one with the composite headlights). The car was dark blue w/ an SS spoiler and it had the aluminum MCSS rims. The car looked super clean and almost factory.

I was the 3rd owner of that particular car, it WAS a factory job done by a company in Pennsylvania (I forget the name) but they were affilliated with Lotus. They bought 50 LS Montes, all identical in color options etc. This was the only one that got an LC2, all of the other ones were big block equipped. They all had their own serial number, different from a standard GM issue. I had all the paperwork that went with the car, some special emissions stuff and such. Everything on the car was from GM, it actually was not donated from another vehicle. The speedo was even brand new and read 2 miles on the original title. It did however have the puny rear in it which was switched out to the 8.5 as it grenaded in short order. I sold it to a friend, we put my stage 1 engine in it in 1994 and ran 10.70's pretty reliably (in 94, 10.70's in a GN was REAL FAST!!!!!!!). The car now resides in Bel Air MD and still looks show room new.
Bill

The car was an 88

hey bill did you ever get that mostorous turbo GN running yet? i remember seeing pictures of that thing and i was in awe... i show my friends and there jaw just drops... was wondering if you had any numbers out of it yet?

-neil

I working on a 88 MCSS. turbo V6 swap. Got the drive train from a T-type that was rusted out. I could believe how much rust the car had for a 87. Guest they never washed it after driving in snow and salt.

caspers have one in a 67 shelby cobra,also seen one in a 89 camaro convertable with the tta dash.

I have one installed in my '87 Mazda RX-7. Stock GN turbo with home ported heads (my first time and very little knowledge), 208/208 cam, 009s, Spearco FMIC, 3" nonmandrel bent exhaust yielded 11.62@114mph best without locking the TC and running 116 ERC 26* timing and 20psi.

It is getting a few upgrades in the next few months to become scary fast like a few other hybrids out there.

-GNX7