You can type here any text you want

What make wheel is this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carguy

What make wheel is this and can you tell me where to get them?

Attachments

• wheelPhoto.jpg
    wheelPhoto.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 202
Polished widened T rim I believe.

Vector from American Racing. That's a center cap from a Vector. I believe they are being made again...in limited quantities. 15x7 and 15x8.5"
You'd have to look online to see where to get a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vector and T rims are almost identical but the center cap mounts differently. The T mounts like some other GM center caps.
Oh and some Vectors come with "unilug" slots rather than exact holes.

Vector and T rims are almost identical but the center cap mounts differently. The T mounts like some other GM center caps.
The Vector uses shank type lugs, and T wheels use a tapered seat.
Look at the center caps in the pic...they are these ones....from my Vectors.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399234256.489180.jpg

A few people have done the polished T rims. I think they look pretty sharp all done up.
Don't the Vectors slide in from the back? My friend had the uni's that used an oblong washer. Goofy set up. I remember several manufacturer's of mags doing that.

A few people have done the polished T rims. I think they look pretty sharp all done up.
Don't the Vectors slide in from the back? My friend had the uni's that used an oblong washer. Goofy set up. I remember several manufacturer's of mags doing that.
Yes...the cap slides from the back. They may have made a Uni-lug set, but I personally have never seen a set. I own 4 pair of Vectors. I'm addicted to them and buy them whenever I see a good deal.

as said OEM T type, ,Western, American , all made similar wheels, with small differences,
here are a set I had polished, 7's & 8's (polishing was about 100 -125 per wheel)
T rims 003.JPG
003.JPG

Those wheels polished put the chrome GN wheels to shame. Very nice ride.

Where can you get them widen and polished? Can you buy them?
You can get Vectors in 8.5 and 10" widths. Major modification needed for 10's. I don't see a reason to widen the stock T wheels because you can fit a 275 on them and you don't affect the appearance by adding an inch to the rear. Look for the 8.5 wide Vectors.

GBody did them for a while. Some are floating around out there I imagine. They might still be doing them, don't know.

Back