You can type here any text you want

What mass air do I have here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

this is the vidoe of the surge
You may be correct, but my other 87 I had with just a te 60 turbo and front mount with 42lb injectors when 11:70, this one has GN1 ported and polished heads cam, eagle crank, Eagle rods, aftermarket headers, alky injection, ect. Alott more than I had in my other GN and I can tell you from driving it that it is alott faster than my 11 sec GN. I have been 8:90s in my Dodge so I do know a little about what it feels like.

But now I have a problem I cant figure out. The car feels like it is surging in first gear. It will rev up to about 4000 when you floor it and the boost goes to 15lbs. After it shifts the boost goes to 21lbs and it flat ass hauls ass. 2nd and third gear will hold you in the seat while it is tearing the tires apart. But I cant under stand the 1st gear thing. No Knock and the alky system comes on at 8 psi of boost. What could be the cause? Before we put the converter in it it would just make one pop at the 1st gear change. Now it will surge at 15psi and no knock and only 4K rpms. Once it shifts it is a rocket and runs great. and the rpms climb just like they should.

I have a video of it surging at 4k. It doesn't want to climb higher than 4 k in first but will run right in all other gears. It has tt 5.7 chip for alky in it. Car is set at 21psi for street use.

Looks like it's hitting the rev limiter before it shifts into 2nd.My car did the same thing when 2nd gear was done only under WOT,if I drove normally it would shift first to third holding first for a good while.I know you said the trans is new but if not done by one of the guys we all no on here you could be in for issues.

Looks like it's hitting the rev limiter before it shifts into 2nd.My car did the same thing when 2nd gear was done only under WOT,if I drove normally it would shift first to third holding first for a good while.I know you said the trans is new but if not done by one of the guys we all no on here you could be in for issues.

Transmission is a Jasper unit but if you look at he tach it is only revving to 4k and surging so i don't think it is over revving. i was wondering if the MASS sensor could be causing a no fuel condition. I know the alky is coming on and that may help; with the surging. Once it shifts it will go to 21 psi and spin the tires thru 3rd gear shift at around 5200 to 5500 rpms and pulls like a rocket. Just 1st gear struggles. I don't know if the blow off valve could be a cause or the Mass Air sensor. So much after market stuff on here It is hard to tell. I do know the paper work with the chip states it has a lt1 mass sensor which it does not have on it. I found the lt1 sensor in the box of parts that came with the car but the translator is not in the box so I cant try it. Do you think that could cause this condition in first only?

I'm upgrading to a LT1 and Translator . The parts should be here this week . I am currently running a stock MAF sensor . I will let you know what I think after I get it installed

I am not sure contact Bison on here and ask he will definitely have the answer.

Back