You can type here any text you want

What mods done?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

souljasmooth

Does anyone on this site own this car?

YouTube - Turbo TA on pump gas & alky w/ bolt ons

I have an all stock TTA, and I want my car to sound exactly like that.

Is the whistling from air sucking into the motor, or is that the Turbo spooling. I am trying to get my car to whistle like that or even louder.

My car is completely quiet, and I cant stand it. I had an 87 GN that was modified, and it sounded a lot like this TTA on youtube. I am trying to get that exact same sound, but need to know what I need to do. The exhaust doesnt need to be really loud, just the high pitch whistle.

What is that sound when the car is slowing down? It almost sounds like air fluttering through a pipe or something.

I started a thread like this one before, and couldnt get a straight answer. So I thought the video would help

thanks!!!!

All you need to do is open up the exhaust. Either cut a hole in the stock DP or get another DP like a terry Houston, Mease, ATR ( I highly recommend getting a spare dp or a aftermarket as un-molested stock TTA down pipes are getting rare) That will allow for better exhaust flow as well as for you to hear the turbo spool up!

electricCutout.jpg

Okay.....Would I benefit from changing out the exhaust and getting rid of the stock CAT also? Should I do all this at once? What about a dump pipe? What is the difference between a dump pipe and down pipe?

thanks

Contact Turbowagon (Jim) on the board. He will get you a downpipe.
3" DP will make your TTA whistle much more. Yes, get a electronic dump too! Joe

HAHA. That is my car.

At the time it had a completly stock long block with bolt ons.

TE62 from Limit
009s
Julio's Single Nozzle
RJC Power Plate
Home Made Cold Air Intake
Reds 107 Chip
THDP
ATR 3" Exhaust
PTS 9x11

Well thats it. It was uncapped on this video and it ran a best of 11.14 @ 123.

Rob Hinson

If you had a GN like you said you did you would already know all of this...they are basically the same :confused:

That TTA is running an open dump and the flutter when he lets off is waste gate flutter...of course you should know this being a former GN owner.

Put in exhaust cutout (dump) in place of your cat...bypass the stock exhaust end enjoy the whistle plus about 30-40 more hp, quicker spool up, and a very loud exhaust. Make sure you have an adjustable waste gate or your boost will go up a good bit and you will probably blow a head gasket.

you have a lot to learn...

Yeah, I know I have a lot to learn. I dont really work on my own cars, and nobody around my area is an "expert" on these turbo cars.

I bought my GN fully built, so I didnt have to know anything about it.

I didnt plan on doing any mods to the TTA, but now I want to do easy simple mods. I actually thought the car would have a "whistle" sound to it stock.

thanks everyone!!!

Yeah, I know I have a lot to learn. I dont really work on my own cars, and nobody around my area is an "expert" on these turbo cars.

I bought my GN fully built, so I didnt have to know anything about it.

I didnt plan on doing any mods to the TTA, but now I want to do easy simple mods. I actually thought the car would have a "whistle" sound to it stock.

thanks everyone!!!

yeah I wasn't going to mod mine either...now look at my sig :eek:

they are very addictive to say the least :cool:

1st get a Scanmaster then get rid of the stock air filter setup and put a open K&N filter, a Turbo Tweak 93/Street chip, adjustable waste gate and a exhaust cut out and you will be good to go...oh yeah and some sticky tires and drive it like that for a while and have fun...if you decide you want more well then the sky is the limit after that ;)

If you get a DP with a dump. Just tune the exhaust sound with washers between the cap and dump. Mine sounds perfect....To me!;)

I found a 3" ATR Downpipe with external wastegate. How much should I pay for this? Ive seen other No name downpipes for $300 or so. Whats the difference?

I found a 3" ATR Downpipe with external wastegate. How much should I pay for this? Ive seen other No name downpipes for $300 or so. Whats the difference?

if it's for a TTA...hard to get it for less then $800. You won't find any for $300 unless they are for GN's and they will not fit a TTA. New 3" DP's for TTA's are going for $800 - $1000 if you can find one.

Back