You can type here any text you want

What oil pan gasket and tranny pan gasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wahoo

So i believe my car is leaking oil from the oil pan, and the transmission pan. Whats the best gasket to use?

Is there special process for the oil oan gasket?

Thx

Cometic makes an excellent oil pan gasket.
I'm using the Cometic and like it so far. It's made from some really tough material. You can actually tighten the pan bolts without worrying about it splitting or breaking.

that's why I like the cometic pan gasket too. tighten it down without any worries.

So i believe my car is leaking oil from the oil pan, and the transmission pan. Whats the best gasket to use?
Is there special process for the oil oan gasket?
Thx

I have used many different gaskets on the engine oil pan, but prefer using a cork gasket. This is preference as some can install a gasket and it will leak while another will never have an issue.

As far as the trans pan, use a fiber gasket. I can supply both of these if needed.

I initially put this thread in the hot air section because my car is an 85(hot air) car. Im guessing a moderator moved it.

Is there a different amount of bolt holes on certain year cars?

Is there a special process since doesnt the front engine cover have something to do with the oil pan gasket?

What brand for each gasket should i get?

I need to get an alternator for my truck so i was planning to use rockauto to save on shipping from 2 different places.

2 different hole counts.. 14 and 20.
The ft cover bolts to the ft of the pan.
Dave Husek has your parts.

For the 14 bolt oil pan a standard Felpro cork works fine. With pan rail (block) and pan clean and dry (absolutely NO oil on either, so clean and clean and clean again.........then clean 4_more times). Then smear a thin layer of "The Right Stuff" sealant on both sides of the gasket, then bolt it up. This process will be leak free. And you will have fun taking it back off. For trans pan gasket I prefere a factory AC Delco gasket.

Its a buick, its just marking its territory.

A buick that aint leaking is a buick that is dead.

If it aint leaking you aren't running enough boost

Im kinda worried that i only think its the oil pan gasket and its from rear main seal or somethibg like that... I think everywhere is leaking lol

Last edited:
Transmission pan gasket order the fiber gasket under AcDelco it's nice and firm and works really well. Only use RTV if the rails are not perfectly smooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back