What "old school" Street bike have you always wanted

First bike I had was a 750 Super Sport Honda,bright yellow then a KZ 900 then a KZ 1000,then a LTD 1000 then the blue and white Daytona edition Suzuki GS 1000.I put a 1155 kit in it and it would run low 6's in the 1/8 easy.Still miss them.

favorite OLD school bike

It would have to be my old 80 Kawasaki KZ-1000... Bought it new as a leftover for $2900. in 82.. put A "kERKUR" 4 - 1 exhaust in it and ripped out the baffle.. That poor bike was tortured every time I drove it. If I was'nt pulling the front wheel,then the back tire was smoking... It never ever broke,it never burned oil.It seemed like the more I abused it,the faster it went.. If it did skip when you floored it,then you knew it was time to get gas.No gauge.. Best machine I ever owned.... George

Mine would be a toss-up between a mid 70's Z1900, about a 74 Trident, or about an 84 V45-love the digital-dash.
Or wait.... What about the CBX's, or the 901 PASO's, or the Kaw Eliminators, or the turbo charged KZ's, or the 250 six's, or a high strung Norton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no!Its too much!

Another vote for the H-2 Kawasaki 750 triple. Fastest thing I have ever had on the street by far. It was great on straight line, but was not something to blast thru Carbon Canyon on though.

I cannot believe nobody else but me had to 500 version of that savage Kawasaki 2 stroke....I bought that bike for $1,000 bucks and borrowed 500 from my Dad.

When I think about the fact that a good Turbo for my GN is about the same price as a whole motorcycle from the early 70's, that kicked 99% of everything on the streets arse, I know I am getting old.
:(

I sold my '72 Trident to a good friend about 1 1/2 yrs ago....at least I can visit it every once in a while :)

My dread garage would have a 1965 Triumph Thunderbird...a Bultaco Metralla....RZ350...Ducati Darmah...Harley XLCR....hmmmm, I'll need a bigger garage.

John

seems like theres alot of ex kz, gn owners. mines only got 11k miles and is MINT, ive even got some spair parts for it. im sure it would not cost to much to get it running.

does any one know the specs on the 77 kz1000 a1? 0-60 1/4 hp?

Originally posted by jdodman
I cannot believe nobody else but me had to 500 version of that savage Kawasaki 2 stroke...
:D go back up and read my first post!

And ditto on the no twisties, I found that out the hard way, right in front of my house (I can still feel it, ouch!)

And it seem I read someplace that the 500 was actually faster than the 750, because of the weight(?)

me...1976 Kawi Z1B 900

Bryan,
The bike your talking about is a trippple...3 cylinder 2 stroke that was really fast in its day!

a blue and white 88 gsxr 1100 will some day find a home in my garage. But the alltime kill yourself bike has to be the turbo kz1000. That thing was a death trap.

yamaha fazer

i rode one when i was 14 and needed one bad but my dad said no ****ing way!!!!! at 30 i have one of the nicest left in exsistance..............25 k miles but perfect inevery way

shawn