What other upgrades to do with Alky kit

Ditch the Flomaster. You need a turbo muffler(s). Do your homework on here for that as well.

Maybe I overspoke when I mentioned Hellcats..I just want to be able to embarrass some people with their newer and more expensive sports cars when they pull up next to me on the highway..
port those heads while your changing that cam;)

And when you make more HP with the alky kit you'll find out in short order the 200 transmission is the weak link. These cars get expensive quick. My advice would be to keep it as close to stock as possible...and enjoy it for what it is.

Oh, no no no... not here I don't.

If my experience is going to get ignored and shit on, I want nothing I built on that car with the state it's in and the order of the build. I can't tell from the replies if I'm an expert or a dumbass and I really don't care. I've heard this same story too many times, and seen the same results just as many.

I don't want my controller getting blamed for that engine coming apart. That's not why I build them.

When it comes to this current build and angle of attack, I'm out.
How about we let bygones be bygones here..Im not on this board to argue with anyone..As far as these cars go I dont know much. Ive had the car for 3 years with no issues..Im looking to upgrade a bit now. So I asked questions..To me you came off a bit snippy..So I got snippy back..Perhaps I was wrong..Either way, There is no sense in the bad energy back and forth. Im not saying this because I need your controller, I already bought one..Im just being a gentlemen..Hopefully you can do the same and we can get past this. Have a good night

And when you make more HP with the alky kit you'll find out in short order the 200 transmission is the weak link. These cars get expensive quick. My advice would be to keep it as close to stock as possible...and enjoy it for what it is.
I just watched your video and read some of the comments. I noticed you did away with your Alky and seen some of the negative comments regarding it..Now I am second guessing buying the thing if its only going to put me into harms way..I can always sell the thing and hope that maybe I get my money back for it.Maybe its just easier to do a few small upgrades and leave it be..Its been good to me so far...The things you mentioned to upgrade would that make any differencein any kind of gains? In your experience what
is the highest you can go with boost with everything stock? Like I said before. My car stops at about 12 I think.

stock boost levels were only really at 12psi IIRC .. with everything right and tight .no vacuum leaks ..injectors clean, fueling strong ,new plugs and wires ,ignition system firing properly.strong voltage . strong motor mounts and tuned properly ...and forgot to mention a rjc power plate you could probably push 15-16psi safely but there is always a risk one weak link and it will show up my 2 cents

I put myself through college as an auto tech and I apprenticed as an automotive machinist. Racing every weekend for years yields invaluable information as well. I know what stock junk can handle...and what it can't. I'm one of these guys that drag the most from the least. Staying out of knock retard is paramount. KR will kill these engines in a heartbeat...hence why the fueling system has to be up to snuff. Nothing wrong with alky...it's cheap HP. You have to maintain it like anything else. I'm a race gas guy...but that's just me. It's YOUR car. The decision lies with you to mod it to make more HP or leave it close to stock HP levels.

I put myself through college as an auto tech and I apprenticed as an automotive machinist. Racing every weekend for years yields invaluable information as well. I know what stock junk can handle...and what it can't. I'm one of these guys that drag the most from the least. Staying out of knock retard is paramount. KR will kill these engines in a heartbeat...hence why the fueling system has to be up to snuff. Nothing wrong with alky...it's cheap HP. You have to maintain it like anything else. I'm a race gas guy...but that's just me. It's YOUR car. The decision lies with you to mod it to make more HP or leave it close to stock HP levels.
Thats the thing, I guess maybe I jumped the gun on this thing with the idea it would be a simple install with high rewards. I was actually on the phone with someone earlier, Not going to say any names and they made it sound like all I have to do is change the fuel pump and the
map sensor and I would be good to go. But I trust what you guys have told me and Im not looking to spend another $1500 on mods with the risk of the Alky pump going bad and blowing my head gasket either.. The car is a weekend driver in the spring and summer maybe once or twice a month so I figured it would be cool addition to get a little extra out of it, Not to race it at the track or everyday..If I can install it to get 16-18 psi from it without doing all the upgrades and worry about my tranny I will keep it and install it. But if I cant I may just dump it and keep it stock

Nothin wrong with a little chemical intercooling. Just have to make sure the alcohol sprays and that means the pump has to work and the tank can't get empty.

, Not going to say any names and they made it sound like all I have to do is change the fuel pump and the
map sensor and I would be good to go. But I trust what you guys have told me and Im not looking to spend another $1500 on mods with the risk of the Alky pump going bad and blowing my head gasket either.. The car is a weekend
On a mild combo that's realistic,I wouldn't worry about blowing the head gasket at 18/20psi on alky.the trans is the the issue when you turn the boost up not the head gaskets,a single nozzle on a stock injector and a good fuel pump can max the stock turbo setup.

On a mild combo that's realistic,I wouldn't worry about blowing the head gasket at 18/20psi on alky.the trans is the the issue when you turn the boost up not the head gaskets,a single nozzle on a stock injector and a good fuel pump can max the stock turbo setup.
Would I get a good kick more at lets say 16 and would the tranny and other parts stand up to it? Bottom line is, I love the car, Its a lot of fun to drive but I dont want to open up pandoras box either....I would rather not spend all that money for an upgrade and find myself under the hood more than driving the car..My neighbors son has a Mitsubishi lancer that has been worked, I will leave that to him..The thing is in the driveway more than its on the road with no one who can figure out whats wrong with it. If I can be safe replacing the fuel pump with hotwire kit, get the turbo tweak chip, change the map sensor and install the Alky with a conservative 16 boost and be safe, I will do it..If I have to delve into changing sprockets on the crank and cam, valve springs, and tranny work, Its just not worth it for me

You need to do the timing set. It is nylon and being over thirty yrs old most of the nylon is in the oil pan unless someone else has done a rear main seal.
You need to do the fuel pump and hot wire as it is also over thirty yrs old if it hasn't been replaced. Electrical stuff degrades over time. Less performance equates to less fuel and this leads to lean condition. Not good for detonation and head gaskets.
Next will be the maf. A thirty yr old unit probably isn't getting the job done(see above where electrical degrades over time). If it isn't seeing the full 255 it isn't telling the computer how much air is coming and telling the injectors how much fuel is needed and this leads to lean and same as above.
Gotta have enough fuel to supply the engine. This is where the scanmaster comes in and monitoring the O2. This doesn't show distribution but an over all lean or rich for the system as the exhaust exits the system.
If you want it to stay together you need to do some maintenance that may or may not have been done. It can NOT be detonated. It must not be run lean. Depending on your fuel quality in your area 16psi could be just fine. But crap fuel on a crap tune will lead to much deeper problems than a timing set.
As far as the trans goes, it is also thirty yrs in. If it hasn't been refreshed it might go another ten yrs or it could have probs next week. A converter is the best upgrade for a good running car to me if it is built for the cars combo. This goes the other way too. If it isn't right for the combo it can make the car not fun. Clutches, band and seals don't generally get better over time and old stuff is, well, old.

At 88,000 miles the valve springs have to be done. With them being soft...in high gear at WOT...the car will fall on it's face. The timing chain and sprockets are due as well. You need the hotwire kit and a new fuel pump and new fuel filter. You'll need a Turbotweak chip to match the injectors. I'd also remove the oil pan while you're doing the timing set and clean the bottom of the pan and the oil pick up screen.

The transmission is the weak link. Throw more HP at it with adding alky and more boost...and it'll start slipping on the 2-3 shift. If you decide to add alky, then you'll need 60 pound injectors and an alky chip. Erics sells combos. If you say no to alky...then tell Eric your max boost will be 18 PSI. The chip will have lots of high gear fuel in it and you won't lean the engine out at WOT. You can adjust the fuel in Erics chip if it's to much in high gear. It's easy to do via the Scanmaster. I have vids on how to do it and Eric sends instructions.