You can type here any text you want

what sensor /switch/plug is this

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

G-bodyguy

the one that is located on the front of the block just left of the distributor, I thought it was a coolant temp switch but when I checked at autozone it didn't match up at all to what I had, it has 2 wires that go into it, and it seems like it plugs into the base (which is mounted into the block) and you give it a 1/4 turn and its locked into place. any ideas?............ "sorry for the crude description"

The only thing I can think of is it is the plug for the ECM temp sensor,but it doesn't twist and lock. There were two styles. The original style sounds like what you have. The sensor connector is what some call a mushroom and to remove the wire connector you had to squeeze the sides in and pull. GM replaced the plug and sensor with a newer design that was the same one used on a 86-87 IC motor and had an updated weatherpak style connector.

There are two temp swicthes/sending units. One for the dash, the other for the ECM.

Back