You can type here any text you want

WHat should a TTA convertor have stamped on it?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
i guess we will get pics of the one we just pulled out of a 13k TTA-

so, yours didnt say D5 OR Z5 just 5 all around it huh?
Just 5. No D5 or Z5.

Ditto for mine as well. Was justswapped out 3 weeks ago for a 2800. Just had a 5 all the way around it.

Well, I double checked mine again. It is painted black and has these number stamped in it. I never found any stickers.

KV200HSL

Also with 6's on every rib. I seriously doubt mine is right.:( :mad:

Recently I just had my Drivetrain out,My tranny is the original,Not sure about the converter.But mine had 6's all the way around it..Now its a restalled D5...;)

As long as we are talking trannys and converters, I bought a stock converter a few months ago and it does have the sticker with the green stripe on it. However I have not put it in yet becuse I have smoked second gear. I'm looking at the TCI, any advice????

You tell'em Dan.
Today I went to my storage garage. ALL! my TTA trannys, and keep in mind they have never been apart. Have the sticker CBCF and D5 or just 5 stamped around the converter. The reason some dont have the D is because the D and the 5 were two differant stamps. I have other converters TTA and GN not in tranmissions some have a faint D and a solid 5 stamp on them.
Maybe Quick6'n'kc has a special Z5 converter:D

Anyway, The #5 stamping means 1,611 or 2,025 stall
The code letters mean;
C=application 200c,2004r,pre 85' 7004r,325-4L
B=2,025 rpm stall
C=330# step rate,Gen.II
F=lock-up,3lug,245mm style

Thanks, Steve Kaminski

well i guess if he is getting 2300 stall out of his "what ever convertor" then he really doesnt have to worry about it being a Z5 :) D5 [TURBO REGAL ONLY ;)] or just a convertor with the number 5 stamped all the way around it-

let me try and get those pics of the original convertors out of some of these TTA'S and i know this original one shows Z5---

GO 1989 GM !!!
they must have been lazy and forgot to stamp the rest of the convertors for everyone else :p

BRYAN WANNER

If my memory serves me right, didn't someone on this thread say that these converters were aluminum? I went out to the garage and put a magnet to the original Z5 converter out of my original 15k mile TTA....and it stuck...not aluminum here by any stretch???

Originally posted by turbov6joe
If my memory serves me right, didn't someone on this thread say that these converters were aluminum? I went out to the garage and put a magnet to the original Z5 converter out of my original 15k mile TTA....and it stuck...not aluminum here by any stretch???

No I said the spare wheels were aluminum in an off topic response to one of the posts :)

Sorry for the confusion... How cool would an alum TC be tho? Save alot of spinning weight.

Back