You can type here any text you want

What should it run?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lib87t

GAME OVER
I got a 87 T with TH3in DP, ATR 3in single shooter, big pump, oo9s, strecth IC, TA 51 turbo, 2600 conv, rjc power plate, lt1 valve springs. I'm getting the car all buttuned up and was wondering what you think it should run. Im probably going to use my Reds 93 chip for the first tune.

I got a 87 T with TH3in DP, ATR 3in single shooter, big pump, oo9s, strecth IC, TA 51 turbo, 2600 conv, rjc power plate, lt1 valve springs. I'm getting the car all buttuned up and was wondering what you think it should run. Im probably going to use my Reds 93 chip for the first tune.

I everything with the drivetrain is good mechanical shape, I'd guess 11.80's-12.0's.

people have gone much faster then 11.80s with less combo then yours -- i would say with proper tune-chip,timing,traction, 11.20-40 or less is not unachieavable..:cool:

There is a couple of different racing styles, not sure which one you have.
Type I ---- Pulls up to the burn out box, does little burn out, pulls up to the light and goes at 0 psi when the last yellow light is on. Does several runs like this and is happy with what ever he gets.
Type II ---- Pulls up the burn out box, smokes the tires untill the smoke comes back in through the vents, pulls up to the light and puts on his emergency brake after second stage light is lit, pushes the brake pedal through the floor board or as hard as he can and floors the car, doesn't care about the lights on the christmas tree, waits for his boost to come up to 12-15 psi and then releases the emergency brake and his foot off the brake pedal at the same time (other guy is about half way down the track by now) hopes the tires hook up and don't spin, shifts the car manually down the track at slightly before what ever RPM his cam runs out of power.
That's why two different drivers at the same weight will get different times on the same car.
My guess for your car would be in the mid to high 12's Type I driver. Maybe touch high 11's with Type II driver, low 12's should be common if you get good 60' times and are a Type II driver.

Chuck

people have gone much faster then 11.80s with less combo then yours -- i would say with proper tune-chip,timing,traction, 11.20-40 or less is not unachieavable..:cool:

Same thing I was thinking....

As people are saying, you can run in the 11's but the planets need to be aligned perfectly. With a slightly heavier build on my car two years ago I still had the same injectors you do.

Its all about the tune and traction. You could run any where from 13.5 to 11.80 depending on everything.

Word to the wise though, dont push it or you will end up running a time like this ending in a cloud of smoke. This was me two years ago with a stock bottom end and 009's with an injector DC of 136% on 30 PSI. Stupid really but in the end, I am so much better off now and if the planets align for me, I will have my first 10 second slip with this car. :D

Attachments

• Blown.jpg
    Blown.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 103
Last time I checked, a mild combo on pump gas and street tires rarely equals elevens. My guess would be high 12s to 13s for first time out. The good news is that you'll learn alot and get a good base on what the car needs. What are you tuning with?

Let us know how it goes.

Mike B.

Depends on the boost level and street chip timing and of course tires and 60 ft.

What do you expect to use and get?

What's the boost level the chip is good for?

I'd guess 12.7 on 100 octane, 12.4 if on real sticky tires.

Back