What should my 1/4 be?

qwic87gn

I went to the track a week ago and ran 12.8@110 with 2.4 60'.
This was on 26" et drags, but I was having trouble getting boost off the line. I'm not sure what the car is capable of in the first 60 feet but I would think at least 1.7's if not better.

Please tell me what you would guess it could do in the 60'. Also what the 1/4 would translate to with a good launch.

Thanks guys.

I think a 1.70 60' would be a good launch for your car. Obviously better is possible. With a 1.7 60' your ET would drop to prolly a 12.1 @ 111. You should be able to build boost fairly easy with your setup. Is your car not building boost or will your breaks not hold any boost? I ran 1.80's leaving w/ 4psi on the foot brake with a combo very similar to yours years ago with a set of old BFG drag radials. With ET drags you should be leaving pretty hard.

It's the wierdest damn thing. The car on the street on radials and on the slicks will build boost just fine, fairly quick. On the slicks on the street, it will hold 13-15#'s of boost and launch hard with no wheel spin. The car will hold 7-8#'s on street tires then start to turn them.

But at the track I can't get it to go above 4#'s of boost with the slicks. And it's not that i'm not giving it enough time. I sit there for a minimum of 4 sec. and there was 2 times I sat there long enough for a 10 sec car to go through the traps.:mad:

Ill bet I know why you can hold boost on the street, but not at the track.

On the street, you dont do a huge burnout first. Ill bet you just build boost out of the blue and thats how you get 14psi.

At the track, you do a big burnout to get the slicks hot, then pull up to the line and cant hold but 4psi.

Im also willing to bet that you dont have a line lock. If you dont, then that is your problem because at the track during your burnout when you are brake torquing, the rear brakes are engaged and get EXTREMELY hot. You pull up to the line and the brakes are so hot they cant hold. Thats why you need a line lock. A line lock will not hold the rear brakes at all during your burnout. The rear brakes will not get hot at all so when you pull up to the line they are just as cool as they would be when you are crusing around on the street. Make sense?

That does make perfect sense. The only problem with that is that I did a burnout the first run and then could not get any boost, so I figured I had to much heat buildup and did not do a burnout on the next runs. So far I'm up to 10 runs with no burnout and no more than 4#'s off the line. So it is not that the brakes are not holding I just can't get it spool at the track.

I mostly curious as to what it could run with a good launch.;)

Just wandering, do you change chips when you go to the track. If so, maybe you need to have some adjustments made to it. I think you should be in the low low 12's easy with a good launch.

The last 2 times to the track I used the same street chip, same octane gas, evertything I use on the street. I did not change anything other than the slicks.:confused:

I can't figure it out.

Originally posted by 8URCBR
I think a 1.70 60' would be a good launch for your car. Obviously better is possible. With a 1.7 60' your ET would drop to prolly a 12.1 @ 111

Does this sound about right to anyone else? I would really like to see a high 11.

I had a similar combo to you about 3 years ago.

Stock un-touced motor, TA49, STOCK intercooler, STOCK downpipe, 110 race chip, 009 injectors, stock ported JJ TB, Nitto drag radials, K&N filter, and thats about it. I was going 12.20's @ 111 all day long. I would think with the V4 and downpipe you have you should get an 11.90 out of it. I was running 25psi by the way.