What should the line pressure be and how measured?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I have a gauge setup I bouhgt years ago from Julio, just don't recall the proper way to measure the pump pressure and what it should be??
I have a dual nozzle setup....seems like I should disconnect one nozzle and hook the guage up and then test it with just 1 nozzle in line...is that correct?
I remember putting 20 psi pressure from a air compressor into the vac line to the MAP sensor on the pass fender seems like before...been a long time.
That sound correct, and what pressure should it be for a good pump?

My pump is 2 yrs old and the red LED is not changing to green after 12psi where it is set at for max pressure

That's a cool tester! I just have a 300psi gauge that I got from Julio years ago, so do you just "T" in the gauge to the supply line to the nozzle..or in my case just install it in one of the nozzle lines and throw the other nozzle, or the whole up pipe into a bucket and energize the system right to whatever boost I am lookig for right?
Yes, those pressures do help, 150psi at least I think should be seen at full gain...I read on another post that they were seeing 170psi at 20psi boost.

The test kit is great. You can set it on and let it work while you look under the car at the pump and lines for leaks.

If understand you correctly..... put the gauge before it splits off....you can put the whole up pipe into a bucket but make it a big one. And use water for the testing.

My pump is 2 yrs old and the red LED is not changing to green after 12psi where it is set at for max pressure
green is not max pressure and you dont want max pressure at 12psi especially with 2 nozzles.

green is not max pressure and you dont want max pressure at 12psi especially with 2 nozzles.
I didn't mean max necessarily, but the LED usually would switch from red to green at around 10-12 psi and it is not switching at all. I just now put on an external WG setup so that I can lower my boost, but its not switching to green all the way up to 16psi boost, my ramp should have it to max for certain by that point. Don't recall the controller having any type of psi indicator for max. The controller has been up under the dash for years, but I guess I need to pull it down and see if it somehow got mis-adjusted

but its not switching to green all the way up to 16psi boost, my ramp should have it to max for certain by that point.
the ramp can be adjusted in the controller which you may know and have played with already but 16psi on twin nozzle still shouldnt go to max psi (unless the curve is really aggressive) in which its easy to hit psi in the 150 range depending on controller settings and curve.the motor will not need that kind on volume at 16psi and going green is not max psi but probably around 40psi.i would highly recommend you get a psi gauge that you can see in real time.

Put the gauge on it, but didn't have the correct fittings to put the gauge in-line with both nozzles active, so just put the gauge in place of the smaller nozzle, and the max pressure is right at 150psi, that was at around 20psi boost, made no difference if I cranked it on up to 30 psi boost. Ordered a new fitting so I can get the gauge inline before the split for the nozzles and see if the pressure is much different with the second small nozzle back in place.

I forgot to mention the LED indicator is turning green at around 12psi as I would expect, or as it used to, in the test above, but again, this is with only one nozzle active...may be a very different pressure with both active..will just have to wait till I get the right fitting.

Got the other nozzle in line, its hitting about 100psi at 20psi boost, hits 150psi with both nozzles at around 26psi boost...I will never be running that high of boost. Adjusted the initial and turn-on settings, turning down the initial, and making the turn-on start at around 4psi. Hits 100psi at about 15psi boost and around 130psi at 20psi boost now. Max boost will only be about 22.
Not to worry about fueling, I have a wide band follower in the Gen2 to keep fueling at the programmed AFR, its my understanding with that setup, you want to displace some of the gas with methanol and this has been working fine with my previous setup for years...I think my issue initially was I could not adjust my boost any lower than 20-22 with the internal WG before and my boost was now set at 16psi initially and the gain was turned down also on the alky controller, hence why the "green" led was not illuminating.
All good now from what I can tell testing on the bench!

Got the other nozzle in line, its hitting about 100psi at 20psi boost, hits 150psi with both nozzles at around 26psi boost...I will never be running that high of boost. Adjusted the initial and turn-on settings, turning down the initial, and making the turn-on start at around 4psi. Hits 100psi at about 15psi boost and around 130psi at 20psi boost now. Max boost will only be about 22.
Not to worry about fueling, I have a wide band follower in the Gen2 to keep fueling at the programmed AFR, its my understanding with that setup, you want to displace some of the gas with methanol and this has been working fine with my previous setup for years...I think my issue initially was I could not adjust my boost any lower than 20-22 with the internal WG before and my boost was now set at 16psi initially and the gain was turned down also on the alky controller, hence why the "green" led was not illuminating.
All good now from what I can tell testing on the bench!
nice work!thats how its done when you have a gauge:)