You can type here any text you want

What size amp

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I'm a bit of a stereo dummy here guys...

When it comes down to buyin an amp...what do i need ?

Ive got JL audio components....
Evolution VRO75-CT - Tweeters
50W continuous power handling
125W peak power handling

4 Ohms

and

Evolution VR525-CS - woofers
60W contin power handling
150W Peak power handling

4 Ohms
So what do I need ? 50W + 60W or is it 125w + 150W ????

The tweeters are mounted in the dash where the CSII's used to be and the woofers are in the doors where the CSII's woofers used to be.

I'd like a Rockford Fosgate amp but not sure what size and how many channels.

I want either one 12"sub in a ported box OR two 10" subs in a ported box in the trunk to complete the system.

What amp size for all ???

You could probably get away with one of those 3 channel amps.

I'd look for 75-100 watts RMS per channel in the front and a sub. amp. prolly 200 watts RMS.

Or you can go 4 channels just make sure you can combine 2 of them for the subs.

A kicker KX550.3 would be very nice

75x2 @2ohm stereo
400@2ohm mono for sub.

Keep in mind, these amps are VERY underrated. It will be more like 125x2 @2ohm stereo and 500-600@2ohm mono, if this 3-channel amp is rated like their 2 channel ones.

That one amp would be GREAT for you.

Hey MCSS383

Thanks for the info...

The link said connection refused...

I'm gonna look it up another way tho...

I am building (or actually copying) the same sub- floor in my trunk that you built.
I looked at all your pics the other night and I was inspired to build it for my amp(s), crossovers, Lightning Cap and various wires.

I even went out and started the job last night. I'm gonna cover it with carpet and give it a hinged cover like you.

I will take pics as I go and post 'um after.

Cool! :)

Word of advice, when making the door use a router and notch about 1/2" around the door and have the door rest on that. I forgot about how to support mine and then a last min effort put a piece of would across the corner to hold it up. It doesn't look that good when the door is open, and then it also doesn't hold any weight...I've already knocked one corner in from leaning over it....

I'll try some ascii art to show you what I mean, do this on all sides except the side that mounts the hinge:

Nevermind, dumb forums won't let me get the ascii art to look right.....I'll try to whip up a pic in paint when I get home tonight (computers here at school don't even have paint :confused: )

For the speakers, a 100 watt amp should be plenty, unless you play your music loud all the time. I have a 100 watt Rockford Fosgate amp for sale if you're interested. It has probably 20 hours of actual "on-time." I am looking for about $85 plus shipping. And for the subs, I'd get a 150 watt amp because the subs need every bit of power they can get. For power cable to the speakers, you'll need probably 14 or 16 guage wire, and for the subs, run at least 12 or bigger. (the smaller the #, the bigger the wire.) Match your grounding cable to the same size as the power cable. Let me know if you're interested in buying the amp.

What model RF amp is it ?

You got a pic for me ?

MCSS383 - not too sure what you mean...that pic from paint would be helpful.

I got a router - was my dads...never used it yet.

If I got you I think you are saying make a 1/2" lip around the edge of the door frame so that it rests on wood and can hold some weight...right ?

Rather then just a simple hole and nothing to assist it in staying flush with the top surface of the box.

Sorry, forgot about it. :)

http://www.mcss383.com/lid.bmp

there is the pic. I used 1/2" MDF, so if you if you use 1/2" also I would just make a 1/4" deep lip. You may want to use some thicker wood for more strength, but I think that lip all the way around should be able to hold some decent weight. Try and make the overlap 1/2" or so, too deep and it may want to snap off...

For mine I think I will make a pedastal type of thing that is mounted off the base board so it can hold any amt of weight...but I'll prob just redo the whole rack anyways. HAHA

The amp is a Rockford-Fosgate Punch 100. I don't have any pics, but I'll see if I can borrow my brothers digital camera and post them. It is in perfect shape, but it is missing one of the front cover allen head screws. The cover will still stay on sturdy though.

Back