You can type here any text you want

What size skinnies?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

What size front runners/skinnies are people running? Ide like to remove some weight as well as match my weld pro-star slicks but on the same side of the coin remain safe and support the weight. Thanks alot.

I use M/T on a 15x5 rim.
They are 28" tall to match the rears and the ride hight looks good.
Summit or jegs carry's them and have had no problem with street driving with them with drag radials out back.

Thanks alot. I might go with a skinnier tire but i like the idea of the ride height. I also have 28" slicks in the back and my oil pan hange REAL low so i wouldnt want anything lower thats for sure. Thanks alot.

Careful with..

Thanks alot. I might go with a skinnier tire but i like the idea of the ride height. I also have 28" slicks in the back and my oil pan hange REAL low so i wouldnt want anything lower thats for sure. Thanks alot.
Getting really "anorexic" with the ft tire size. The major % of braking power is on the ft brakes/tires. This could cause some grief with the ins co/law dogs, etc if you wreck it...:eek:

Front Runners

I'm running 275/60r15 Drag Radials, for the fronts I'm running 185/85'S. I have them on 15x5 fronts

Getting really "anorexic" with the ft tire size. The major % of braking power is on the ft brakes/tires. This could cause some grief with the ins co/law dogs, etc if you wreck it...:eek:

Its only for the track. Seems like people like 5". I'll have to check into it.

I've run this tire,

710-17100.jpg

28 x 7.1 - 15 Moroso Front Runner tire on a 15x3.5" Pro Star and Draglite both with 1 3/4" back spacing.

PatscarRUQWKNF.jpg

RareT.jpg

Both cars sat perfectly level while running a 28x10.5 MT ET Drag slick and a 28x12.5 MT ET Street. For stability at speed I really like the 28" front skinny aired up to 40psi. Stopping was not a problem at the track. Not recommended for the street tho, kinda scary, especially at speed on public roads.
For a street car, I prefer either a 15x5 with 3.5" bs or 15x6 with 3.5" bs and a 205/70/15 or 205/75/15 regular radial. 27" and 28" respectively. They give the skinny look on the 5" or 6" wheel and plenty of contact patch for panic stops.
HTH

Patrick

Back