You can type here any text you want

What size tires for the rear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GNTTYPE

If I lower my TR 1 or 2 inches in the rear,what is the biggest tire I can put on a 15 by 8 1/2 inch wheel and not have to modify anything or have clearance trouble?? Pics if you like. Thanks P.S. I have stock wheelswells & suspension.

Lowering the car makes it a little harder to be certain of which tire sizes are going to fit. I plan on lowering my car this spring and I have 255s in the rear and it looks like I might have to rent a fender rolling tool to bend the inside fender lip so it doesn't rub.

It depends on the backspacing and offset of your wheel. If the wheels are tucked close to the frame (i.e. high backspacing) then you will have more room before they would rub on the quarter panel. If you have a low backspacing and the wheels stick out further, there's a higher chance of rubbing on the outside.

Either way if you get stiff enough springs the wheels shouldn't lift up very high over bumps and at most you might get a slight rubbing over big bumps in the road.

What is the backspace of the wheel? What springs are you planning to use to lower the car?

Back