What size turbo for my combo?

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
The guy rebuilding my engine has told me my turbo has alot of play in it. I know it would be cheaper to rebuild it, but I had been thinking of going bigger anyways. With the mods below what should i look at? Would a 70 be too big? I'll upgrade the convertor later so that's not really an issue right now. I don't want a big monster that costs me more than it cost to rebuild my engine either. IOW, @ $3,000. Thanks.

You'll probably want a bigger stall and bigger injectors for anything larger than what you have now. A 70 would definitely be too big for the 009s. I'd say stick with that turbo 'til you upgun the stall and injectors. Then it's all about how fast you wanna go.

009s are rated at 520hp in a GN. Most turbos flow more air than that and a switch to 50lb MSD's or larger high impedance 57lb injectors should be on your shopping list also.

If your engine isn't done yet I would advise some billet caps and/or girdle to strengthen the bottom end. We race these cars and the extra insurance is worth the cost.

PTE-52 is good for over 480rwhp with ported heads...... you could get away with a restalled "D5" to 2800rpm with it.

TE-63+ big shaft turbo will make more power at the expense of more lag and need a higher stall convertor (3200+).

What times have you run with the TE-60 thus far? Also that KB chip is a POS IMO. Get another chip from one of the vendors.

-GNX7

Send your TE60 in to John Craig @ Limit Engineering and have him turn it into a TE61 or 62. That is pretty much as large as you can easily go with the small shaft turbo. You should be able to do that for around $500