You can type here any text you want

What slicks are you running/reccomend?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beamer

I just purchased a pair of rims to run slicks on. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/253465-centerline-wheels.html

I am curious what people like and suggest I go to. I am hoping for a possible high 10 run every once in a while with a solid low 11 second car. You can see in my sig what I have and I plan to use the trans brake to launch with, so I fely slicks would fit best.

I was thinking like a 28X9X15, but do not know what works best with the turbo cars. MT's, Hoosiers, hard side wall etc...

Thanks for the inputs...

Mike

28 x 9 would probably be best on an 8" rim. Run tubes or see if they make a stiff sidewall slick.

I use some Phoenix F/X slicks, 10.5x28.5's...they're the biggest I can stuff in the stock wheel well without notching the frame or tubbing...

Claude.

You rolled the fender wells for those Phoenix's? I have seen a car carve one of those.

For mid 11"s and slower I suggest a 26"x10.5" slick, faster then mid 11"s I would run a 28"x9" if you don't want to remove your trim and roll the fender. If you want to remove the trim and roll the fender I would go for a 28"x10.5" slick

buick009.jpg

28x9's on 15x8's

1.42 60ft's

ttypelauch.jpg

Thanks for the inputs. I am sure that 28X9 is what I need, as I do not want to modify anything for them to use.

Does M/T have a hard sidewall in that size? Anyone know?

Is there an advantage to hard sidewall vs soft, even with a tube? And do you have to run tubes with the soft sidewalls?

I am trying to figure out my best price combination as well. My car is mostly street driven, but I want to maximize my track performances.

Thanks for all your inputs guys...

Mike

also hoosier tires seem to shake the tires worse than mts on high horsepower turbo 10.5 cars. nitrous cars do ok with them though.i have seen this for one brand to another on the same car and track

I have been looking at the M/Ts and Hoosiers. The M/Ts have a suggested tube where the Hoosiers do not. They are both priced within $10 for the tire outright. I see alot of turbo people run the M/Ts at the tracks that I have been to, if I do not run with a tube, will I be all wobbly at the end of the track around 125 MPH?

I saw some versions of Hoosiers that are quoted as stiff sidewall, how well do these do? I did not see stiff sidewall advertised on the M/T ET DRAGS.

I am just trying to do my homework before getting money involved, and I appreciate all help.

Mike

Back