You can type here any text you want

What T-plus MAF #, MSD 50's go static?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
What MAF numbers will make MSD 50's go static? I got 3.5" maf, extender chip, and msd 50's. I have seen MAF readings in the 230's but they usually are in the 2-teens(like 215 or so). I have my switch set to -6% fuel also. Now I'm fighting a loss of fuel press prob under heavy load So I'm looking at upgrading my fuel system. I was wondering if you T-plus and chip burning guys think I got enough injector for the MAF's I'm seeing. If I do need bigger injectors which ones should I get? After I figure out the injector stuff then I got to decide on one big external pump or adding a booster pump in parallel to my 340.

TIA: Jason

Any scan tool data? Like Direct Scan that would tell you what they're doing?

Besides, why the big push to run them static? That's a horribly inneficient method to run injectors. The best, most efficient usage of injectors is when they're running close to 85-90% or so. Once they hit 100%, you'll then start loosing control of fueling (injectors are used up)...

Better being able to match your air flow with your fuel flow will yield much more HP/Torque.
Those MAF numbers don't mean a lot with the little bit of info you've given. What were the driving conditions? part throttle? WOT? How much boost, etc. etc. etc.

Scan tools are worth their weight in gold!!!!!!!!!!

Well..... I'm not trying to make them go static I'm trying to find out if there not big enough. I deffinately dont have the dough right now to get a laptop and d-scan or t-link. I ony have a scan master and have only checked Maf's by punching it for a second or two with the scanmaster set to show maf's. Some type of system that will log data is high on my list.
Heres the deal I did whole sale changes on my car and when I broke it back out I have had probs.
1. Car ran really bad.......My T-plus box had fried,got new one
2. couldnt get boost higher than 9 or 10#'s...I/C hose was lifting under boost and the setting back down.
3. similar prob...another I/C hose wasnt sealing tight.
Once the car got to where I could build boost:
4. engine had BAD stumble under boost....... Found a) two bad plug wires, b) found flaky wire connection on fuel pump hot wire relay, c) changed back to ac plugs.
Now the stumble doesnt show until higher boost 20+ psi:
5. I get some real screwy o2 readings they start in mid 800's then drop and get real eratic bouncing like droping to 600's, 500's and even 0. I kept thinking I was having horrible luck with my oxy sensors but after the 3rd one I figured must be diff problem.
6. I went out and slowly turned my boost up fuel and boost where climbing together until around 17 psi or so. from 17 or so to 20 it stays the same and then over 20 it starts to drop instead of go up. I changed regulator and filter but still have same prob.
7. So now I'm looking into getting more fuel up to the rail so I can maintain my FP under heavy load. I only want to upgrade my fuel system once. I dont want to put some thing in that will allow me to feed my 50's and then find out I need bigger inj's and then find out what I did wont feed the bigger inj's.

I just thoguht maybe some guys out there could tell me that there 50's are almost static with MAF's of xx and if that is higher than what I'm seeing then I should be ok. If they say there static at lower maf's than what I see then wouldnt I need bigger injectors? Arent you running 50's Dave? what maf's are you reading and what duty cycle are your injectors at?

TIA: Jason

My T-Type is similar to yours. With 45 psi static fuel pressure my T-Type is going 100% static at 215 g/s (430 actual). Translator settings are set at 0 WOT fueling change. I'm also running a XP+ double pumper in the tank which I think helps deliver the fuel. MSD-50's will pretty much consume a 340 pump. My WOT O2's are nice and flat from start to finish ~800 mv. My GN with a single 340 tends to dip down in top gears.

My T-Type is similar to yours. With 45 psi static fuel pressure my T-Type is going 100% static at 215 g/s (430 actual).

Would you consider going to 72's being overkill when your at this point? I know thats a big jump but people seam to like the idle and driveability of the 72's. Some even say they behave better than 50's for normal driving. I'm buying a set of 72's off a board member. I hope I wont regrete going to injectors this big.

Thanks for the input: Jason

Back