What to do

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
To give you some history, I bought an 82TRSC several years ago. The body ended up being too far gone to justify putting the time and effort into it, so I bought an 85 NA regal to convert. I have since converted the dash to the 82 which required swapping out the whole wiring harness. I also put in the tranny and rear end. The 82's engine had a blown piston, so I put the turbo setup and onto the NA block. I have a small list of items to finish then it will be ready to scuff and paint.

I recently picked up an 85 T Type and thought I might make it a driver, but its underbody has several rust issues that would require removing the body from the frame to repair and I just don't have it in me to go there again.........It is too bad really, since it is a moonroof car.

The 85 T Type has the rear spoiler and a nicer hood, so I'm going to put those on my clone. The rear end is a non-posi 8.5 and hopefully a 3.42 gear, should I put that in my clone to replace the 7.5 open rear end? I think the 82 rear is a 3.08.

What about swapping the TH350 with the 2004R. I bet the plugs are different.....

I'm currently going to the leave the clone with the carbed setup. The SFI motor has a bad turbo and looks like it has 174K on it. Previous owner swears it is only 74K.......I'm gonna keep it in case I blow the carb motor.

What are you guys thoughts about this...........................

if you have a place to store the 85 i would think about it for a while. i had the same issue, i started on a clone car and then found the gn i wanted so i bought it. take my advice,you can't get any money for a cloned car.you will be better off to fix the t type. if the 7.5 is a 3.08 gear i have a 3.42 and a 3.73 i will trade you or i will buy the 3.08. if you don't use it.

if you have a place to store the 85 i would think about it for a while. i had the same issue, i started on a clone car and then found the gn i wanted so i bought it. take my advice,you can't get any money for a cloned car.you will be better off to fix the t type. if the 7.5 is a 3.08 gear i have a 3.42 and a 3.73 i will trade you or i will buy the 3.08. if you don't use it.

+1!