You can type here any text you want

what to look for in a junkyard?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

streetworkxs

I went to the yard today, and didn't think anything I saw was anything I wanted. There were a few malibu wagons, and there was one '80 cutlass. (didn't have aluminum core support). I did end up getting a f41 sway bar from a guy in the area though. I tried to look for information on which cars had the handling stuff we need, but I can't find any direct information

Which years, model came with the two large braces that run from the engine cross member in the middle out to the frame rails, also the braces that go from the radiator support to the fenders. and was it only the grand prix that had the brace to connect the jounce bars? What were these parts found on. Also what year, model had aluminum core supports? Is there anything else in junkyards to look for that swap in, or have good resale value (for ebay?). Thanksguys.

'86-'87 Cutlass and Regals with V6's. They have 109 blocks that go for decent cash.

I always look for any dash pieces off of Regals. Easy to take off and bring decent money. Once I found an 8.5" rearend in an '85 cutlass 442. Paid $100 for it, sold it for $800:biggrin:

I pulled the stock motor out of my '86 regal limited. It was a 307 v6. Is that a 109 block that is worth something? The motor ran, but smoked somewhat. Pulled it out complete with everything, how much should I put it for sale locally?

I pulled the stock motor out of my '86 regal limited. It was a 307 v6. Is that a 109 block that is worth something? The motor ran, but smoked somewhat. Pulled it out complete with everything, how much should I put it for sale locally?

No such thing of a 307 V6. 307 V8 or 231/252 V6.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

haha, wow I didn't realize i put v6. yeah I meant v8.

The 307 V8 is pretty much worthless. I pulled one out of a Cutlass I had a few years ago. I couldn't give it away on Craigslist. Ended up getting $15 from it for scrap when the prices were up.

I'll probably end up giving the motor away to somebody. But back to the what I was asking about the braces. Does anyone know which cars came with the braces and aluminum supports?

But back to the what I was asking about the braces. Does anyone know which cars came with the braces and aluminum supports?

The lower braces can be found on any G-Body but Regal and ElCamino. The Pontiacs(GP,LeMans and Bonneville) also have the brace that goes from side to side. Cutlass is a safe bet as there were twice as many of those built compared to any other G-Body. Depends on what upper fender brace you are talking about. Again everything but Regal and Chevy used them. Cutlass used skinny wires and Pontiac used the big thick tube style. The best ones IMO are the long tubes from a 78-80 MC that stretched from the firewall to the core support.

The aluminum core support is 78-80 Buick,Olds and Pontiac. No Chevys.

Are these braces pretty much the same as the aftermarket stuff they sell to stiffen up our cars? I'm all about doing this stuff on the cheap!

The 307 V8 is pretty much worthless. I pulled one out of a Cutlass I had a few years ago. I couldn't give it away on Craigslist. Ended up getting $15 from it for scrap when the prices were up.

Odd. The 307 is actually a very stout engine, just not any good for making any power. I would have thought for sure someone would have taken it free. Heck a guy I used to know couldn't sell a 305 he had, ended up giving it away.

Back