You can type here any text you want

what to use to clean ttype wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
We all know they're a bitch to clean since they aren't a smooth wheel. Mine years of build up. Grease, brake dust, dirt, primer and paint overspray, you name it. I know a powerwasher isn't going to cut it. I'll scrub them with a toothbrush if i have to but i don't want to spend all day doing it with no results. Any suggestions?

I'm wondering about this too...I was thinking of finding someone to soda-blast them and then having them cleared? Wonder if anyone here has any other ideas or has tried anything similar??

Mine look as if someone tried to clean them with some type of caustic chemical at one point...almost like bleach stains on the wheels.

Mine have brown and black crap all over them. My wheels aren't perfect but I would at least try to get them as clean as possible since the car is painted and it doesn't look like a rat rod now.

Go to any auto store. Buy Eagle One Mag Wheel cleaner. Follow the directions on the back. This stuff WORKS. You may need a small brass brush (or something softer than aluminium) to get the tough stuff. You might need two bottles because it can go fast if your not paying attention. I can post a picture if you can't find it.

Zack
Damnit Turbo Nasty.. Faster than me lol :P

If there's no clearcoat left on them use muriatic acid that you use to clean bricks with.

Home Depot or Lowes should have it.

Use rubber gloves and boots and a long handled nylon brush.

And a gas mask since the fumes are very strong and can permanently damage your innards. :eek:

Same stuff in the good mag cleaners only concentrated.

Then just paint them up and clear them with VHT wheel paint.

paintedtwheel.jpg

I did the same as Salvage, stripped the clear and painted them with some nice aluminum color wheel paint. Came out pretty good, a lot better than the yellowing factory clear.IMG_1735.jpgIMG_1734.jpgIMG_1737.jpg

If it comes to that I will have them bead blasted and powdercoated. That sounds like too much work lol!

X2 on Eagle One. I used that stuff all of the time when I still had T wheels on the car. Spray it on and get one of those stiff bristle wheel cleaner brushes.

Looks like you have a beautiful we4. Feel free to post more pics of it in my thread :) Some 1000 grit on those spokes with some polish would look bad ass

Yea, I thought about polishing the spokes, but thats a ton of work and they came out pretty well as is. What thread would that be?

Back