You can type here any text you want

What track tires work best for y'all?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Drag Radial (DOT legal)?
Bias Ply (DOT leagl)??
Bias Ply (race slick)???

Right now I have a set of Nitto DR's that hook great on the street, but leave something to be desired on the track. The best 60' time to date with these tires was a 1.87 on a 3-4 psi launch:(
Currently I have a mechanical T brake which kills the Nittos on even a low 4 psi launch, so the footbrake is it for now. I need to get the 60' times in the LOW 1.6x range, so what tires do you all use to get where I need to be? At this point I'm torn between the Hoosier QT Pros, M&H Racemasters, MT Street ET's, and a full race slick. I tossed around the idea of trying a set of BFG drags as they seem to hook better at the track then the Nitto's, but who knows???

Joe, of course I've read both sides of the story, and tried the Nittos on the GN, but I prefer the BFGs on my T. I'm new at racing and if I can get 1.71 on 235 BFGs on stock suspension with airbags, with no burnout (just a cleanoff), 5 lb launch, then they must hook.

Only used them once at the track (4 passes), then began using 28x9 MT Drags. Still only a best of 1.71 on a 2 to 3 lb launch and looks like I need boxed LCAs for the 10 lb launch I tried. Also air bag spacers in order to run a little bit less air bag pressure. The high boost launch transferred weight too quick and unloaded the rear of the car, and spun the slicks, then rehooked with a 1.75. The Slicks are very consistent.

Nittos on the Street

Quick Time Pro's at the track..

The Nittos work really well on a prepped track, I have been 1.62 on the 245/50-16s and went 1.56 with the Quicktimes, both with a stock TQ Convertor.

Mike has me beat on the 60..dang..1.588 on a set of M/T 26x10 slicks mounted on steel 15x7 wheels..No fret..Just wait..I now have a spare rear end so i'm gonna see what this car can really do..

I have hit 1.66 on Nitto's with the stock turbo all stock suspension.But not consistently..more like after the track opens for an hour and the prep goes away..then it would be 1.8's

With a big'r turbo..its gonna be hard to get a street radial to hook consistently..

I've used the Hoosier QT Pros in the past, but in a 15" size and a significantly larger footprint. Am I correct that Hoosier only makes a 26x9x16 in the QTP's? I was looking im my Slummit book and noticed that the tread width on the 16" QTP's was rather small at 9"s. Is this the size you used TTA89? As of last night I was convinced I was buying a set of M&H's in a 305x45x16...but if your pulling 1.5's with the Hoosiers, I might have just changed my mind! TTA, what was the track like that you were on when you pulled those 1.5's with the QTP's

Back