What turbo is for me??

prrfectlaunch86

I want to uprgrade my turbo with one of the turbos for sale on the Gbodyparts website. Im gonna be working with the stock stall for a lil while so i was leaning towards the TE-44. Car is 90% street driven but will prolly run 20-22 lbs of boost. also was contemplating the TE-60 but i feel like id need a stall with that turbo or there will be too much lag. what do you guys think?? lemme know if you have experience with any of the above turbos. thanks for you time!

Nick

A 44 and 60 are pretty much the same. I would go with the 44 since you still have the stock TC. It will spool a little better. But it is kind of splitting hairs between the two turbos.

ok i agree thats why im gonna go with the TE-44. i think that turbo will be perfect for the strett and from what i hear it makes great power/torque for a smaller turbo. what else should i order that im going to need for the install? i know ill need a new copper header to turbo gasket. will i need to order new oil feed/return lines?? what else will i need that im forgetting?? thanks again for the replies.

Nick

You can use your current feed and drain line. Just an oild drain gasket and the turbo/header gasket. Or just run orange RTV on that part.

Always a good idea to clean out your feed line when changing turbo expecially if it's never been done...Just take it off and spray carb clean through it, might be surprised how much gunk comes out.