You can type here any text you want

What turbo to run on a 274" Stage 2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

11secGN

Looking for recommendations on what turbo to run on a 274" Stage 2 motor, has TA heads, ported TA intake, 230-230 645 lift solid roller, and FAST XFI. Will be driven on the street also. Thanks!

Looking for recommendations on what turbo to run on a 274" Stage 2 motor, has TA heads, ported TA intake, 230-230 645 lift solid roller, and FAST XFI. Will be driven on the street also. Thanks!

How fast do you want to go?
A GT42 with the 74 or 76MM wheel would be nice.
You could also try a GT45.
Talk to Otto, I think he has a Borg Warner 80MM for sale.
I have heard some good stuff about the extended tip wheels.

I would do the t6 if you can, if not the t4 will get you there.

The 42-76 is capable of hitting the 8's if your car isn't too heavy. If you go BB it wil spool instantly. Even the non-BB units spool well with the correct A/R ratios. It's a great street/strip turbo for a stage 2 engine

The 42-76 is capable of hitting the 8's if your car isn't too heavy. If you go BB it wil spool instantly. Even the non-BB units spool well with the correct A/R ratios. It's a great street/strip turbo for a stage 2 engine

Thanks Cal!!!

Mine was around $950.00, non BB unit, but they have went up above $1k last I knew.

Great turbo.

Ted,

How much converter did you need?
I am trying to figure if the BB is worth the extra cost on this application.

Back