what type of chips do we use?

lgonzalez_1986

dont know **** bout gns
what type of chips do we use on our ecms, what are they called my friend is a programmer maybe he can read my old atr pitbull chip, he asked what it was called and he could check it for me!

The chip used is an industry standard 2732 or 2732A. It is a 4K x 8bit EPROM for storing both the program and the data tables used to operate the ECM.

HTH - Jimmy

thanks you guys? and eric my car has an old atr chip for 40lbs its from 96, so im guessing it sucks! i was told by racetronix that the injectors i have are 40lbs but they actually flow286 g/m or 37.8 lb/hr static
8.13 g/p @ 2.5ms

is that what you burn the chips to? im going to order a chip sometime coming weeks, would the injector number do, and lets your chip fixes my rich problem!

thanks you guys? and eric my car has an old atr chip for 40lbs its from 96, so im guessing it sucks! i was told by racetronix that the injectors i have are 40lbs but they actually flow286 g/m or 37.8 lb/hr static
8.13 g/p @ 2.5ms

is that what you burn the chips to? im going to order a chip sometime coming weeks, would the injector number do, and lets your chip fixes my rich problem!

Those ratings are always with Heptane. Regardless, the dynamic data is more important.

i was told that there are very cheap computer chips to sale.
Description
Product Name: VIA BGA chipset VT8237A computer chips IC part
Item Code: 97912640
Category: graphics-cards Add to My Favorite Catalog
Short Description: Place of Origin: Taiwan Brand Name: VIA Model Number: VT8237A Type: Logic ICs Application: Computer Supply Voltage: International stardard Dissipation Power: International stardard Operating Temperature: International stardard Warranty: 45 days Dsc: BGA
Quantity: 1 lot (10 Piece / lot)
Package Size: 42.0 * 37.0 * 32.0 ( cm )
Gross Weight/Package: 1.5 ( kg )
but i don't know if it is not fake. anybody have shopped this chips?

i was told that there are very cheap computer chips to sale.
Description
Product Name: VIA BGA chipset VT8237A computer chips IC part
Item Code: 97912640
Category: graphics-cards Add to My Favorite Catalog
Short Description: Place of Origin: Taiwan Brand Name: VIA Model Number: VT8237A Type: Logic ICs Application: Computer Supply Voltage: International stardard Dissipation Power: International stardard Operating Temperature: International stardard Warranty: 45 days Dsc: BGA
Quantity: 1 lot (10 Piece / lot)
Package Size: 42.0 * 37.0 * 32.0 ( cm )
Gross Weight/Package: 1.5 ( kg )
but i don't know if it is not fake. anybody have shopped this chips?

Ummmm, NOPE! Assuming, since you're quite new here that you aren't really up to speed on chips, let alone programming them. Please don't try.

The above description is a perfect example. Not only are the part numbers wrong (not in the 2732 family). But, notice the BGA in the description?? That means "ball grid array". It's a type of chip with NO pins/legs. Far too modern for our application.
What made you think these would work, when in the thread it's specifically mentioned that the correct family of chips are the 2732's?

Listen to the Veteran turbo dave...Ok any advice for a my first chip upgrade, I have stock everything and its a CA car so im only running 91 octane. I just want the car to idle a lil better and mabe up the boost a few pounds. Any advice?

Heptane is commonly used to flow test injectors. It flows similar to gas, but not exactly. If an injector flowed 38 lb/hr on heptane, on actual gas it would flow a tad more, around 39.5 lb/hr.
Eric

Listen to the Veteran turbo dave...Ok any advice for a my first chip upgrade, I have stock everything and its a CA car so im only running 91 octane. I just want the car to idle a lil better and mabe up the boost a few pounds. Any advice?

Most like the turbo tweak chip. It won't necessarily help the idle though if there is other problems such as a dirty IAC or throttle body.