You can type here any text you want

what type of heads are on an 87 model

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datant69

as some of you guys know i've been dealing with a blow by. it had to take a back seat to my back surgery which i'm about to get ready to get the staples pulled. so soon i'll be back under the hood and trying to figure out why it's giving me this problem. I was asked what type of heads are on this car are they hydrolic or ?, reason i'm asking is because i was going to pull the valve cover off and see if i can see if that problem cylinder has a bent push rod and i was told this would be one way to eliminate what may not be the problem. So before i pull the head off and make sure i didn't crack the head or blow a head gasket i wanted to know if anyone can give me the info on what type of head is on this car? i'm pulling 120+ PSI on all cylinders with the exception of the front drivers side.

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking, but if nobody has changed anything, then you should have the stock heads, which are cast iron 8445
heads

Ron

"I was asked what type of heads are on this car are they hydrolic or ?"
Sounds like the ? is: Hydraulic lifter cam? [The heads have nothing to do with that.]
I'd find someone that's familar w/ the TR's...

87 stock heads and blowby

i probably will if i cannot deal with the repair myself. i'm just trying to figure out what the problem is and how much it'll costs before i attempt to take it somewhere. there are some good mechanics in my area that are known for their work but before do take it to anyone i'd like to get alittle more familuar with this car and troubleshoot it myself. my bro in law is ok with engines and my stepson's good freind is also. So i may have some help with them try and see if we can find out what's up with the blowby. i've been told it could be anything from a bent pushrod to a blown head gasket. i don't have alot of smoke coming out when i start the car. it doesn't overheat, and there isn't any water in my oil. So i'm considering pulling the valve cover and crank the engine and see if that front cylinder is working as it should. i was told if it's not sealing correctly then that may be the reason behind my blowby issue and it could be a bent pushrod, or cracked head. so before i pull the head off and take it to a machine shop i'm wanting to check this out for myself. any suggestions? another thing is i get alot of smoke when you accelerate but i haven't really driven the car much at all since this blowby issue has reared it's head.

Back