You can type here any text you want

what wakes the car up?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
IT's a possibility that your valve cover leak is making it appear that the rear seal or oil pan is leaking too. I looked my engine over for hours before I finally pulled the torque converter cover off. Guess what it was dry on the backside of the block. My oil was coming from the back side of the valve cover on the driver's side and dribbling down the block and into the inspection cover making it look like I had a pan or seal leak. The only thing I can come up with on the sluggish start is that the secondaries aren't opening enough or at all causing slow spool up. Can we get a description of what it does in different driving scenarios?

BTW I love the car. I've always liked white on the monte carlos. Can't wait for more pics

Nice pics of the Monte I saw there. Everyone that runs a th350 with a stalled converter, I'd like to know how the torque converter performance is? I've had two different torque converter's on three seperate transmissions. I'm beginning to think that a lower stall (2K-2.5Krpm) 12" torque converter does not work on the buick v6 and you have to go with a 3k+rpm 10"or11"torque converter.

Nice pics of the Monte I saw there. Everyone that runs a th350 with a stalled converter, I'd like to know how the torque converter performance is? I've had two different torque converter's on three seperate transmissions. I'm beginning to think that a lower stall (2K-2.5Krpm) 12" torque converter does not work on the buick v6 and you have to go with a 3k+rpm 10"or11"torque converter.

A 10" or a 9.5" is the best choice from the info I've gotten on them Adam. Depending on the cam and turbo will depend on the stall. For the combo I decided on it's going to be between 2800 and 3200 and I'll be using a 10" LU.:biggrin: Less weight to spin so it should help the engine rev a little faster.

Back