what went wrong!!!!!!! pinched steel caps

Not really a secret.....I was there this morning lookin at it.... You gettin the GN1s and the beehives? Reids does all my machine work also and have done plenty of my head work with those beehives......Your in good hands.;)

BTW your block work is done...... If that's your engine.

TurboGTa1, please be patient with Bobby. He is probably busy as hell right now. I never had a problem in the past getting in touch the guy. Give him a couple of more days. I assure you he is one of the best and honest.

thanks
Ralph

Originally posted by TURBOGTA1
Anyone know Dan smith of Camden N.J !!!!!! he was highly recommended by a few people to do my motor over, and I just spoke to him, and he is willing to slot me in to do my motor.
just doing some homework this time around!!! Need the rite job done this time
LET ME KNOW!!!! thanks

Danny did my engine, and a bunch of my "crews" engines. I met Danny thru my friend Rich. Anyway, he's excellent. If you call him, tell him "Pretty boy" said hi

Jim

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
Not really a secret.....I was there this morning lookin at it.... You gettin the GN1s and the beehives? Reids does all my machine work also and have done plenty of my head work with those beehives......Your in good hands.;)

BTW your block work is done...... If that's your engine.

Yup sounds like mine thanks for the update , I know it's not much of a secret but someone told me not to say nuthin or else it will take months to get motors done from there , Sort of like RPE's waiting list.

clearance

Doesn/t matter what crank. I like between .001---.0015 on rods and mains. I have the equipment to coat my bearings, making it some what easier to control clearance.

problem

That Eagle crank takes chamfered bearings and last time i checked nobody offered them.You have to make them chamfered yourself.This maybe part of your problem.This is one reason why i didn't go with that crank,staying with stock crank.Definately a machinist fault.Sounds like he really didn't know what he was doing.

Only the rod bearing need chamfered, and if they are Clevitte's, they will fit as is.

As far as clearances, we never go tighter that .0015" and shoot for .020" [or more if a race motor]. We have never lost a bearing due to being "too loose", but seen what too tight and detonation can do!:D

GOT A HOLD OF BOBBY AT RPE, MOTOR GOING IN TO HIM ON FRIDAY. THANKS GUYS.
ALSO GONNA LOOK AT JIMMIES 4.1 GIRDLED MOTOR AS A TEMP. AND A SPARE, ON THE WAY TO BOBBYS

THE MOTOR IS CURRENTLY BEING DONE AT BOBS( RPE) . WE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE BLOCK IN ORDER TO REUSE THE SAME JE PISTONS, AND PUT A GIRDLE WITH STOCK CAPS. ALSO THE CAM STARTED EATING INTO THE FRONT OF THE BLOCK, THE FIRST BUILDER HAD TOLD ME I UNDER ESTIMATED THE POWER THIS MOTOR HAD MADE, AND THE RINGS WERE FRIED TO PROVE SO, AT 15 psi ,THAT WAS A JOKE, AND WHEN BOB LOOKED AT THE RINGS, HE LAUGHED!!! THE STEEL CAPS AND BEARINGS ARE TO FAR BAD TO EVEN TELL IF THEY WERE DONE CORRECTLY, BUT THERE WERE A FEW OTHER MISTAKES MADE TO THIS MOTOR, THAT WHEN ALL DONE AND I GET THE OLD STUFF BACK, I AM GONNA DRAG HIS ASS INTO COURT. GOT NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!!!!!!

What was the idle oil pressure on that engine before all this happened and what was it at higher RPM's?

ENGINE COLD, 70 PSI, AFTER A GOOD DRIVE, ABOUT 18PSI AT IDLE, AND UP TO 50-60 ON ACCELERATION, THIS IS WITH A HI VOLUME OIL PUMP KIT!!!!!!

How long is the wait for RPE to do the motor and how long does it take to complete? Why did you need another block to re-use the old JE pistons? What happen to the steel caps? Who did the old motor? He he a known turbo motor guy?