What wheels are these?! BA GN!!!!!

Im curious to know what rims this car has on it. Also, what doyou need to do to get the car down like that? Could it still be good for drag racing?

This car has Billet Specialties wheels, 18" in front and 20" out back. No airbags or trick suspension, just cut springs and Bilstein shocks. The rims were only 8" wide so they tucked right up into the wheel well.

Ohhh, Is that the same car below? I've love they stance on that car...have eyeballed it for years. Any more pics available?

Attachments

• 12182908_8_full.jpg
    12182908_8_full.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 309
What are you guys with big wheels doing to the wheel bearings/brakes/suspension to compensate for the extra rotating mass?

Im curious to know what rims this car has on it. Also, what doyou need to do to get the car down like that? Could it still be good for drag racing?

Pretty sure thats is Nomads car. His name is John and lives in Vancouver.

He sold those wheels. I think they were Eagle Alloys 18's and 20's.

This is what his ride looks like now.

Attachments

• nomad.gif
    nomad.gif
    78.3 KB · Views: 268
Wow he went that low with chopped springs? Can't imagine it rode very well.

If he was able to achieve that look and have a halfway decent ride then cool.

Looks awesome both ways IMO.
chopped springs that low would have to be firm w/ such short travel....unless there was drop spindles as well.
Oh, and if it is the same car I posted above, it is Eagle 212s....18"&20".....so I win! :p

After a search Nomad said his suspension is;
"well.it has belltech 2" drop spindles,modified &refabricated,to a 3" drop,eibach coils,cut 1 1/2 coils in the front,tubular upper and lower control arrms,rear are boxed upper and lowers,lowering coils cut,belltech nitro drop shocks"
Also he says they are eagle 212s, one place I saw 18x 7 and 20x8 (a f.s. post for the wheels), and at a diff place I saw 18x8 and 20x8.5.
Either way it was many years ago, and they are long gone....

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is low!!! Does anybody know him?? I would love to hear from him to see how that rides!

What are you guys with big wheels doing to the wheel bearings/brakes/suspension to compensate for the extra rotating mass?

i bet bigger 20" billet wheels weigh about the same or less than a set of heavy steel GN wheels with 28" slicks. I prefer 17s and 18s would be the biggest, but bigs and littles is definitely not my thing.
Picture158-1.jpg

He sold that car 3 years ago to my buddy Danny, he has since installed 19" Asanti wheels, intalled airbags then removed them because it rubbed the fenders . We now have adjustable coilovers up front and bilstein shocks out back. It also has 13" Baers in front and 12" in the rear. The ride isn't bad until you hit the bumps in the road...

HzEmall.com

Attachments

• nasher.bmp
    70.1 KB · Views: 195
Who give a f*%k what the 60ft is if you can rip off a 10 second pass:mad:

I'd rather give up a little rid comfort to look good as apposed to needing running boards to get in the damn thing!

Everyone seems obsessed with running 15x10 wheels with giant tires. Its nice to see a different approach. A skinnier wheel can look awesome if it fits the car well and you nail the stance. Im trying that now. They tell me it wont hook..... Will see

That is just........................WOW... Awsome!!!

OK, now I see what the lineage of the car is..... what a life that car has had.
The weight of the wheels really is irrelivant if you don't care if it runs a 11.7 or 11.9 or 12.1. If you care, you buy slicks, but for the street, I agree w/ most above, ProTouring look (big wheels and real low) is a great look on the G body. I am just not a racer at heart.

The car that started the GN ProTouring look for the street...

...doesn't hook either...:D

Attachments

• 86GrandN13.jpg
    86GrandN13.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 86GrandN17.jpg
    86GrandN17.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 82