You can type here any text you want

What year S-10 wheel cylinders????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cgamino

What year S-10 wheel cylinders do you use? and is there any step by step directions on the install? thanks in advance.

If the car is street driven I would NOT put them on. Rears will lock under hard/panic stops/wet roads .
High boost launches with the bigger wheel cylinders will tweak the backing plates.

If you want a higher boost lauch a transbrake is your best bet. Turbo/convertor plays hugely into this as well

i wonder what kind of boost Hydroboost can hold without these cylinders???...guess i'll find out when i do the swap....i would just love to launch her at 15#:eek:

If you want a higher boost lauch a transbrake is your best bet. Turbo/convertor plays hugely into this as well

But then don't you have to beef up the trans to withstand a trans brake launch?

Also can't you put in an adjustable proportioning valve to assist with the rears locking up?

Seems power brake launches are the poor mans way of launching. Though I'm sure a t brake is better.

Just sayin.

Yes.....trans needs to be able to handle the abuse.

As stated the higher boost "power brake" launches whether with Pro valve and big cyl, big cyl and stock setup, etc, etc will tweak the backing plates. With 10 plus psi launches.

That is the common upgrade to put on the Syclones & Typhoons.
I have them & they work great,have not done any damage to the backing plates & our vehicles have the weak a$$ 7.1/4 IIRC rear ends.

That is the common upgrade to put on the Syclones & Typhoons.
I have them & they work great,have not done any damage to the backing plates & our vehicles have the weak a$$ 7.1/4 IIRC rear ends.

Your out you have AWD brake boosting is completely different 4 brakes assisting with holding the driveline vs our 2 rear and then the front simply stop tire rotation.

Side note a good friends rung his pinion shaft off on his 7.5 around 700 horse at the tires in his AWD sonoma drag truck.

Yes.....trans needs to be able to handle the abuse.

As stated the higher boost "power brake" launches whether with Pro valve and big cyl, big cyl and stock setup, etc, etc will tweak the backing plates. With 10 plus psi launches.

That's not been my experience. I've had them in for over 10 years with no damage to backing plates. And haven't had a lockup problem either.

What WILL bend the backing plates are the e-brake launches.

Sure, transbrakes will do the trick, but one has to invest well over $1000+ in various driveline components to handle the abuse.

Good point Dave the Ebrake launches will kill em for sure as well.

My biggest thing with ethS10 WC is the rears locking up.

Back