You can type here any text you want

What's A Good Tire Value in 245 50 16s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I currently have Kumho Ecsta Supra radials on my GN in the rear (no longer made). 245/5016. These were on the front and went to the rear after I went through my most recent set of MT DRs.

Ive gone 12.200@114+mph on them with a small burnout and a 2000rpm no boost launch, with the tire pressure at 20psi. That was the best run with them, but the car generally runs 12.4x's on them. They do good in moderate rain.

I will probably go to a full set of BFG G-Force Sports when I get some cash.

Hope this helps.

I have some BFG G-Force T/A KDW rubber in 245/50-16.... completely useless on the back of the car. They never hooked.

hello people; This thread is BS unless the OP posts what he did. There are many people here that could use some advise.
IBBY

hello people; This thread is BS unless the OP posts what he did. There are many people here that could use some advise.
IBBY

Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50/16s all 4 corners purchased here: http://www.2dayparts.com/kumho-ecsta-ast-245-50r-16-97h-bsw?___store=default After a good deal of research and feedback from others I felt this was the best value for my specific situation even if they are "the cheapest asian tires possible". They look decent, hook good and are affordable.

Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50/16s all 4 corners purchased here: Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50R-16 97H BSW | 2DayParts.com After a good deal of research and feedback from others I felt this was the best value for my specific situation even if they are "the cheapest asian tires possible". They look decent, hook good and are affordable.

Looks like $67 a tire plus shipping which is $80 fixed to SoCal. Nice looking set of tires, and pretty affordable too. Too bad they are out of stock now. Nice find.

Sumitomo

I have always bought the BFG radail Ta s, for years but had so many of the belts come apart from the casings from sitting up. This year i tried something different. I went with Sumitomo ZR rated 245 50 16s on my car and they are great. They have outstanding traction, handle well and no houling road noise. The best prices are at Tire Rack. Got 4 of them for $360s .. I will be buying some more when my BFGs are done on my TR.

Looks like $67 a tire plus shipping which is $80 fixed to SoCal. Nice looking set of tires, and pretty affordable too. Too bad they are out of stock now. Nice find.

my wife got them for me for Christmas and somehow she managed to get free shipping too :eek: :cool:

Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50/16s all 4 corners purchased here: Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50R-16 97H BSW | 2DayParts.com After a good deal of research and feedback from others I felt this was the best value for my specific situation even if they are "the cheapest asian tires possible". They look decent, hook good and are affordable.

hello people; That tire name kills me. But do give a opinion when your on the road.
IBBY

Any feedback on this above mentioned tire?

I am looking for a set this size as well. Doesn't need to be the cheapest or the most expensive but prefer a good riding softer tire.

Thanks

Any feedback on this above mentioned tire?

I am looking for a set this size as well. Doesn't need to be the cheapest or the most expensive but prefer a good riding softer tire.

Thanks

I've been running the Kumho Ecsta AST 245/50/16 in my GN for a couple of years now. Great looking tire with good handling, and they hook well on the street. Best bang for the buck for a street driven car...I just wish they made them in bigger sizes. Just my .02

Here's another option

When I couldn't get the Kumho ECSTA any longer a few months ago, I picked up a set of Sumitomo in 245/50 x 16 up front and 255/50 x 16 in back. They very reasonably priced (like the Kumhos) and look and ride great. Here are the fronts mounted on my WE4 (rears in this photo are drag radials).

My_WE4_Old_Town_D.jpg

hello people; Back on the tire subject. I had the General Alimax (new) and thought there was a problem with them as I got a vibration. They where real new but I desided to change. This time I went with the Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ and the vibration is still there. Had them road force balanced and all that. I still havn't figured it out yet but better weather is comming so let the fun begin. These tires are all season and I think they where around $100.00 a pc.
IBBY

Back